We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Is this place open? Closed after the fire?? For sale?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Cebakes, I don't know if it is open or closed but what a waste this place is. I remember when it was first built about 15 years ago. They sold the condos and then it just kind of faded away. I'm glad I didn't have the money to buy one of the condos.

Too Far North
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Sea Castles brings back good memories from long ago when we stayed there, enjoyed their beautiful pool, meals and nice condo. I do remember that some of the furniture in the condo was laughable, backs on chairs would come off in your hand, but we had a good time there, in spite of it.

Have always wondered what has become of Sea Castles!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

We drive by it from time to time and the grounds seem to be well maintained.

I would be curious to see whats the status of the property is.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

It appears to be reopened with 1-2 bedroom units for rental by the night, week, and month-or longer. Also looks like there are units for sale.

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Drove by yesterday and the place looks like a run down heap.... Signage half torn down, roof falling apart... Pretty sketchy place.

J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Sea Castle is open. It is gated. The units are rented and owned by various individuals in Jamaica and abroad. Unit style, comfort and decor is based on the owner and whether they have cleaned it up and upgraded. It's a fairly quiet and clean place. The units are just above the beach, which is a good size beach to walk about on. Although it is private, there are spots where people can enter from outside. There is a restaurant/bar/pool on the property. The owners are very nice people. I was last there end of 2011. The owners for the unit I stayed in were not concerned at all about it, just getting money for it. It was an absolute dump that I had to empty out and paint in order to even use it. So if you decide to stay there be sure you check out the unit. i actually had someone to check out the unit for me before I went but they really didn't care, so I ended up with a dump.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Sea Castle is open:

Units owned by local and international owners

Some units for rent/sale

Property has a gate w/ guard 24 hours

Pretty well maintained

Restaurant, Bar, pool onsite. Owners are very friendly.

Semi-private beach you can walk on in the mornings. Outsiders sometimes access and use the beach.

Condition of the units depend on the owners

Advise that you have someone who you can trust view the unit and take pictures before you make any reservations. Some units are not maintained and/or upgraded by their owners and can be in condition not fit

for human being

Last visited in 2011.

Edited: 04 July 2012, 15:29
J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Sorry about the double post. The first post said "failed", so I reposted.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Yes it is open for business. There has just been a meeting for new investors. I stayed there for 3 weeks and it was amazing, reaaly good value for money. The person I rented from 'Future' was incredible helpful and friendly,nothing was too much trouble for him. If anyone is thinking of going I would definitely reccomend this place. So peaceful and quiet.The beach was deserted. I was fantastic. if anyone wants a contact for renting an apartment I have contact details. would not hesitate to go back again. Suzanne B Sept 2012

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Status of Sea Castle in Rose Hall??

Sorruy, although I was fantastic the post above should read 'it was fantastic'