We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

I know there are some water activities included at the resort itself but would either like to (1) rent jet skis, (2) Dolphin excursion or (3) rent a boat or go on one of those fun boat trips. I honestly have not researched enough yet so thank you in advance for the reply. Any specific details on cost, which company, how long etc. would be appreciated. We don't want to be gone all day and would prefer if it was close enough at least to IBG as we are paying for the resort amenities/food/drink as it is.

Susan

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

My friend and I just returned from the Iberostar Grand last week. We did two excursions: Luminous Lagoon - evening excursion for 2 hours ($55.00) and 1/2 day Dunn's River Falls ($59.00). We really enjoyed both especially the Dunn's River one.

There is a kiosk in the hotel that will do the bookings. There are lots of different excursions to choose from. Our tours were through a company called Jamaica Tours Limited.

Also, make your way down to the Beach section of the hotel compound. There is a dive centre there that offers different snorkeling and boating trips.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

Thank you so much luvtotravel19 :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

You're welcome :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

Mayfield Falls

Ny, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

YS Falls, 90pp I would def recommend doing that excursion those falls are beautiful

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

Never heard of it, will do some web searching in it. Thx!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

To get an idea of what to do check out www.reggae-tours.com This will give you an idea on cost, time and things to do. They can even tailor a tour just to your desires.

Or you can just get ideas, then talk to any RED PLATE taxi driver and negotiate with them.

We never book through the resort since the cost is always more!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

We stayed at the suites last month and booked a full day trip to Margaritaville. It included beer and drinks all day, snorkeling at the marine park, lunch on the beach and free admission to Margaritaville. We booked with Dressel Dive Center located next to the Iberostar beach resort. I think it was around $60-70pp. Lots of fun. Also booked the luminous lagoon trip through them also for about $30-40pp which also included drinks/beer, that was about 2hrs in the evening...that was so worth it!!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

Appreciate all the feedback. Normally we stay on resort after we had a very bad experience in 2008 in Mexico but would like to try again with reliable input. TY!

Edited: 09 August 2012, 04:15
10. Re: Recommendations for excursion - staying at Iberostar Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:16