We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

We are looking at booking an oceanfront room at IGRH for June this year. We are keen for a room on the top floor (or high level).

Can anyone recommend a building or room number or location we could request? Top priority for us is a private and quiet room - with view of the ocean not pool.

We're going in June - Is this likely to be full occupancy? From your experience, what are our chances of them honoring a high floor request? (We are repeat IB Grand customers, just not at Rose Hall).

Also, I've read some balconies are not very private - ie the dividing wall between the balcony next door doesn't go the full way across? Is this correct?

Any info is most appreciated

Thanks!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

We were in 6318, which was a perfect location, nice and quiet, right on the oceanfront. We are repeat IB customers as well, and I asked for a nice room, but only upon arrival. We traveled in Oct, so it wasnt real crowded. In fact, after we got settled in, I went back down to the counter and showed my appreciation to the young lady who was so nice to us (hint hint). Fabulous place, ENJOY!!!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

Smile, tell the front desk crew you are returning to the IB, and shake their hand with a folded $20, and you will be all set.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

Cebakes thats what I do, however in this case, I wouldnt have had to, which was impressive. At the IB Bavaro, I flashed it, and magically my ho-hum room turned into a very nice room lol.

BTW our balcony was perfectly private at the Grand, didnt hear of anyone complaining of anything different....

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

We are headed back to the IB Grand on 2/21. We are stoked!

Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

Duffer48 - did you find any issues with your room overlooking the restaurant or near a service laneway? Or was your view straight across the beach? Would you recommend the 6000s over 5000s?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

If you have booked an Oceanfront I would recommend building 6000 over 5000 mainly because the Oceanfront rooms on the East end of the 5000 kind of look out onto the Suites hotel edge of the pool. There is nothing on the West side of the 6000 building. Also the beach is less busy in front of the 6000 building

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

We were on the west end of the resort, the restaurant on the beach was to the right. No obstructions to the view at all. There was a pathway below us, I guess you could call it a service lane for the restaurant. Again no issues, ocassionally, you would hear a cart go buy(motorized), but it was really a non-issue, they are pretty quiet. I'm thinking the 3 in our room number means 3rd floor?, so that really help with noise. Not sure about the 5000 block of rooms, I'm guessing they would have been more central, and not sure how close they would be to the ocean. The buildings formed a U shape, and we were on one end of the U, if that makes sense. We were celebrating our 30th anniv, and return IB guests, and once the receptionist heard this, she promised us a nice room. We went to lunch, returned, our room was ready, and I cant tell you how pleased we were with that room!! Make sure you let them know you are returning guests, they sent us up some goodies, because of this :)

Edited: 21 January 2013, 15:09
Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

Thanks Susanbratworst and duffer! Very helpful

Google maps satellite view gives a good idea of the layout and agree the 6000s looks like a winner. Any ideas what rooms numbers are at the western most end? This looks nice and private with great view.

Two other q's if I may ;)

1. Do the top floor rooms not have shelter (roof) over the balcony? I read they don't have the swinging seat either (given no roof to hang from).

2. I saw on one map there was a small pool outside the rooms on the outer side of the west 'wing' of the building - is this still there? We're these swim up rooms? Just curious as appears on the resort map & I've seen in one pic, but never heard it mentioned?

Thanks heaps :)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

If there is a pool near the west wing, they really keep it a secret. Only pools Im aware of are right in the center, pretty near the beach. Not aware of swim-up rooms, but again, never looked for any.

Top floor rooms not having a swing? No idea really. But if you are thinking of a top floor room, for the noise issue, I can tell you, we never heard a sound either from above us, or from the sides. Really soundproof rooms!!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IB Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront room advice

Thanks again for your response :)

I found the resort layout here (if anyone's interested in what i meant be the small pool I referred to earlier)

transatholidays.com/en/…

Very excited! Anyone know the typical resort occupancy in the month of June?