We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

Going in March with just hubbie -no kids this time - celebrating our 21st anniversary. Is it a good place to go as a couple?

I see there is a Pier to the right of RH Beach - does anyone know if you can fish off that dock?

Can anyone suggest a room with a view and a king bed?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

We were there with our son last year, but we would have enjoyed it as a couple just as well.

The dock is used by the dive shop and the water sports centre - it had a sign on it that said "No diving, no swimming and no fishing"

The hotel is shaped like a open box so almost all the rooms have decent views - we paid for an ocean view room which meant we are the end of one of the arms facing the ocean - but some balaconies have a solid front while others have posts so from ours, with a solid wall, the view was great if you were standing but you couldn't see anything while sitting - we didn't mind as I was aware of this but have seen other people complain.

As we were travelling with our son so we had 2 double beds, but you can always request a king and hope they are able to accomodate you.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

We will be returning for our 4th time the end of this month. Last year we brought travel fishing rods with us for my kids (9&12) to fish off that pier/ dock . Nobody said a word to them, in fact they gave my son raw shrimp to use as bait.

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

Thanks Ceedee3 and MandysMommi - the fishing info is just what we needed. I think we will take hubbies travel rod with us and see what happens - can only say no - right! Lol 11 more days. and can't wait to get out of these SNOW storms in Massachusetts (currently sitting in one right now ) UGH!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

You should be ok fishing where you are staying. There is a lot of Montego Bay where fishing isn't allowed and the waters are protected. If it's posted, I wouldn't fish. If not, go for it.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

We will be there on the 24th-30th . Maybe we will see you on the pier! :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

Hi Mandysmommi - we will be there 19-26 We are always at the lobby bar for a drink before dinner or you can catch us at the pool bar for happy hour.

Blondie and Baldi ( haha)

7. Re: Rose Hall Beach room and fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:19