We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

We just returned from an amazing weeks vacation at The Iberostar Grand and I'm willing to help out anyone who is thinking about visiting this resort. I will be posting a review about our stay along with pictures, but in the mean time, ask away if you have any questions :)

new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Did you leave any Grey Goose for me?? We leave in 12 hours!!!!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

The Bacardi Coconut is the best there, wish I could find it in the UK

Edited: 14 April 2013, 11:59
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Did they have the pirate's party on the beach? What night was it?

Edited: 14 April 2013, 17:15
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Oh...did you have a standard room? If so, how was it? I don't think we will be able to upgrade when we go in June. According to Expedia, the entire month of June is sold out.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Cooltexan: Yes they did have The Pirate Beach Party and it was on Wed. night starting at 8:00pm. This was probably one of the highlights for us on our trip. An amazing set up they have and it was extreamly enjoyable ! The weather was perfect that night - clear skies and all. The staff work so hard here at this resort, that the way they set up this Pirate Beach party was just amazing. The bar is set up on the beach, before the show, they have games for you to take part in, that are a ton of fun, and after the show they have a big beach party where you can dance on the beach, and even if you want to go for a swim, towels are provided. The spotlight is shinning in the ocean so you can see. Plus a HUGE bon fire. Again if you can, don't miss this fun night !!!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Cooltexan ~ we did have a standard room and like the pictures on trip advisor, they are exactly what you get. I really enjoyed that there were 2 vanities, so I didn't have to wait for my husband to get ready, so I could use the mirror. And the jacuzzi was a plus, fantastic to relax in, after a long day in the sun. You can also get your buttler to have a bath ready for you. You can just ask him when you want it ready for and he'll have it ready. Many would say that I could run my own bath, which is true as I did that the first time I used it, however it does take a good 10- 15 mins to fill up the tub with water. So having the buttler prepare it for you ahead of time is convient, because you can just hop in when you get to your room. Plus they make it extra special for you so its worth it in the end.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Don't worry wishinandfishin there is pleanty of Grey Goose available. Especially lemon aid and Grey Goose - delicious ;) Enjoy your trip. We truly wish we were there still.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

How easy/hard was it to get a chair at the pool or beach? Was the towel game being played? Thanks...

Nottingham
Level Contributor
966 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Johnny we return in a couple of weeks for 14 nights,we were there in 2011 and this Towel game was really bad it made us think shall we go back but everything else about the hotel was top notch,so we are on our way back.

In 2011 we watched one couple take six beds,two on the beach,two round the pool and two in the shade every day,it did annoy a lot of people and it caused a lot of friction,but Hey Ho we are on holiday/Vacation ,enjoy

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here To Help ~ Just Returned From Iberostar Grand

Johnny we enjoy sitting at the pool rather than at the beach so I can only comment on the pool. You can not save pool chairs until 7:00am. However I did see that the staff does go around the pool and remove towels from chairs if people have not been sitting in the chair for more than 2 hours. In fact when we were looking for a spot to sit one day, it was the day we left the resort in the morning, and came back in the afternoon. We found a spot where there were no towels, just a newspaper on the table. We assumed that most of the time if a towel is there, someone was sitting there. But since there was no towel's we sat there. An older couple came by an hour later, telling us that this was their seat and that they reserved it at 7:00 in the morning. It was afternoon already, around 1:00pm. I informed them there were no towels, I guess the newspaper was theirs but their towels were removed from the staff. Of course she didn't make a fuss about it, and just found another 2 chairs, I watched this couple the rest of the week, and they would just save 2 chairs and hours would go by and they would never sit in them. If they did it would be an hour and they would be gone for several hours. So I will applaud the resort for going around and removing towels every 2 hours or so throughout the day. But IF you are an early riser, I am certain you will have no problems getting a chair even before 8:00. Its gets a bit tricky to find a chair after 9:30 or so from what I observed. I have seen people looking for a place to sit, and sometimes ask staff, or even the lifeguard, and I saw them help them find a place, by removing towels from beds that were not being used.