We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from the IB Grand...

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from the IB Grand...

Any questions?

Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Are there any special or themed nights in the dinner buffet?

Did you try any of the restaurants outside the Grand?

Did you have an awesome time? ;)

PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

L77777,

Yes the buffet has theme nights...ie American, Mexican, Asian, Italian.... We went to the Asian buffet one night. It was okay.

This was our 5th trip to the Grand. Last year we went to the Mexican restaurant and really liked it. I tried to get reservations this year, but they were closed or booked on the nights that I tried to get reservations.

Yes we did have a great time and we will go back next year!

Kimol

Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Do you remember which night the Mexican buffet was on? I'd like to book the first few nights of restaurants in advance.

What room did you have? We have booked ocean front and I'm thinking of the quieter side in the 6000s

PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Mexican night was Friday night. It is best to book the restaurants in advance b/c they fill up fast. I actually emailed the resort a week before to make my reservations.

We had room 5226. We have had this room for 3 years and love it. It's a corner room where you can see the ocean and the pool area.

Sydney
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Thanks! I was thinking of emailing my room request and first three nights of restaurant reservations two weeks before arrival.

One more q - was the beach BBQ on thurs night?

PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Yes, the beach BBQ was Thursday night.

They will only make restaurant reservations one week in advance.

If you want something special in your mini-fridge or anything else, just ask them in the email.

Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Can you please provide me with the e-mail to make the reservations request?

Thank you

PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm

schuylkill haven
Level Contributor
143 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

When you make reservations did you specify certain restraunts and exact times initially? How do I know what days each one is open? Should I ask for an upgrade at this time or wait till I arrive. You also mentioned asking for items for room,my hubby drinks Gentleman's Jack if they don't carry that will they get it anyways? Haven't seen it listed in bar menus. Thanks in advance. One more week!!!!

Princeton, Minnesota
Level Contributor
37 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from the IB Grand...

Hi Kimol - I hope you had a great time on your trip!

How would you rate the food here ? We have been to three AI (not in Jamaica)- we are looking to stay somewhere that has pretty decent entrees.

Grand also requires reservations correct? What are your recommendations regarding that? To make them before you arrive? What if the restaurant is closed day of your reservation?

How bad is the "pool chair towel game" at this resort? Do you have to get up at sunrise to reserve a chair?

What is difference between their ocean view room and ocean front category? Is ocean front worth price difference?

Do you tip at this resort?

Thanks for being willing to help the rest of us out!!!!