We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Price Increase

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swarthmore PA
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Price Increase

I started to plan April 2014 vacation and got quotes for both Grand Rose Hall and Grand in Puta Cana. The prices were outrageous, a jump of about 59 percent. Asked rep and said it was a normal year over year increase. This would have been our fourth year going to iberostar and never saw such an increase. Has anyone else had this experience, any suggestions on where to go for a good rate. We really would like to go back to Rose Hall but they may have priced themselves out of reach. Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

I just returned from here. We booked a 7 night stay June 8 - Jun15th 2013 for 2 with nonstop air from Houston, transfers and $100 Chukka Tours Voucher for $4100 via Costco Travel. Had such a great time, I wanted to book another return trip for Mar 2014, but the cheapest I can find will cost ~$1500 higher, and that's with flights from Houston that have stops. Not sure if it's the airfare or resort prices that are causing the steep increase.

swarthmore PA
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

My quotes did not include air so the increase was the hotel.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
935 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

Having the same issues from the UK,tried booking the same weeks we had this April for 2014,increased by some £700 will wait and see what happens

Collingswood, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

Couldn't agree more. Our increase was 62% and did not involve air; just the hotel. This is ludicrous and Iberostar should be called out on this!

northern ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

Hi,

We have just returned and liked it so much we have booked again from the UK and we actually saved over £1200 PER PERSON since this years price. So we had no hesitation in booking.

Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

I was at the Grand from 1/26/13-2/2/13. I just checked the prices for 1/25/14-2/1/14 using Expedia which I had used to book the trip. With the same non-stop flight on JFK, there was only an increase of about $100 more then what I paid for this year. It seems strange that some are seeing such a high increase.

7. Re: Iberostar Grand Price Increase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:16