We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

I am very concerned about her (great beach/pool waitress who also does relief at the lobby bar) as we are Facebook friends and suddenly weird posts with just people's names stared to appear, then a location of a hospital in Florida showed up 3 weeks ago. Since then nothing even though I asked if she is okay.

Neither myself or another Facebook contact are able to get a response from her. Very strange, and it worries me so if you know her or if are going to the Rose Hall Beach Hotel can you please ask one of the bartenders if she is okay and back in Jamaica or not. (If you prefer to respond via private message that is fine).

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Hello:

We are arriving on Sunday June 30th for 1 week. I will ask for you.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Maybe her e-mail acct was hacked. I would be cautious about any correspondence or requests for her Facebook page. I see her FB says she was a former waitress at the IB Rose Hall.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 13:28
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

FYI your current employment shows up as past tense on Facebook.

I truly appreciate your offer Slew21, you won't have any problem asking about her, Lovene is very well known plus you may hear her singing she while working.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

I looked at my FB profile and it says works at. Not sure what to say. I do know its not easy for Jamaicans to just pick up and visit the US. But like you said, she is well known and people will surely know the story.

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Hello:

Returned home last night (Sunday). I did speak with Lovene, and saw here almost everyday at the beach where she was serving drinks.

A few months ago she fell in the lobby, broken ankle, few nasty cuts, as she showed me her scars around her ankle. Those polished shiny floors can be very slippery. She has been off work for a long time but is back now.

While recovering, her son played with her cellphone, which she has the facebook app. He has changed her location to Florida, and she has been unable to change it back. Rest assured she has not left Jamaica, is back working and singing.

I will pm you her facebook email address. I don't beleive it has changed.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Thank you so much for the update and explaining

why her facebook status was so off!

7. Re: Lovene Clarke beach waitress at Rose Hall Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:19