We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Liberty...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

I am trying to decide weather to book a junior suite or a ocean view room. It seems that the u-shaped building would provide an ocean view from practically any room. Any advice?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

At the grand all rooms are the same the only thing that is different is the view. I have always booked a standard room, requested a high floor and had amazing views. With that being said you kind of take your chances, as standard rooms technically I think are the first two floors which don't have the best ocean views as you aren't high enough and are looking at bushes and trees. It will depend on occupancy levels while you are there.

West Liberty...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

Thank you so much! I think we will chance it with a standard and request a high floor. Do you typically use a travel agent or a booking site?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

I use a travel agent as I have found you have a better chance with room requests. I use Mitch at tripguy travel. Mitch@tripguy.com. He has always gotten me the best price, and believe me I search, and have always gotten a room upgrade when booking with him.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

Forgot to mention, ask for high floor and high room number (higher room numbers are farther from the lobby and closer to the ocean for a better view ). I prefer building 500 as it faces west so nice sunset view.

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

Does anyone know if all of the rooms have the same bathroom configuration and balcony swing?

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

To my knowledge all the rooms have the same set up and balcony. We looked at staying at the Grand and LOVED the balcony with the romantic swing. I think Susan had it right, request a high floor for the view, but all rooms the same. Have fun:)

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

We had room 5404 ocean view.

Room was excellent.

Facing toward the beach and pools just set back further from ocean front.

I think standard rooms all face each other?

Like the left and right side of a U.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

Left and right side of the U higher floors are oceanview also. Standard are the lower floors.

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

Great, thanks everyone for the feedback and tips!! I think I'll stick with the Standard Room but email them a week before asking for a higher floor. We are going after Labour (oh Canada!) Day so occupancy levels should be lower.

10. Re: Which room should I book at Iberostar Grand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:16