We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brantford
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Hello,

Trying to decide between these 2 resorts. The price is about the same. I do realize the Bahia is big. The most important thing for my husband and I, beside clean and good food is the entertainment day and night. If anyone can tell me which of the 2 is best for fun lively scene for music and activities, live music etc.. please tell me which you would choose.

Thanks

Kitchener, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

We are trying to make the same decision. Have you made a decision? Anyone have any insight? We will be travelling with teenages and enjoy doing excursions.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 22:44
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

I am not a fan of mega-resorts. I am even less of a fan of resorts in Jamaica that have just an "international" influence and seek resorts that reflect the Jamaican themes and culture. That is not to say that resorts designed with a focus on marble and glitz is not of some interest to many travelers, it is just that they could be on any island's beach in any warm Sea and that is not for me. I prefer adults-only resorts and the two you are investigating are family resorts.

When I think of daytime activities, I think of a great beach, and watersports (snorkel, scuba, sailing, kayak) as a resort inclusive. Which is why is suggest you consider an upscale AI in Negril, such as one of the two Couples or Sandals Negril. The three resorts offer lots of activities day and night, plus the village of Negril has many beach-oriented activities (see Negril.com) in the evening.

Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
90 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

My family and I just returned from a fun week at Grand Bahia. We really enjoyed ourselves and the resort honestly didn't feel that big. Nothing compared to some Mexico AIs that we have visited. As much as we loved our stay, I would not call Grand Bahia super active. It was more of a relaxed place. My sons wanted more day activities and I thought the night activities were limited. Can't say about Iberostar, although we have stayed at them in Mexico and Dominican republic and always kept busy. I will say the Grand Bahia was rather remote. Next visit to Jamaica, I intend to stay in the Rose Hall area as it seems closer to more off-resort options. Hope that helps.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

If you can wait a few weeks, I am heading to the IBRH Suites and have already been to the Gran Bahia - and could provide a comparison

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Would your budget allow you to go to to ib suites vs beach? It ticks all the boxes for your husband. IMO it is totally worth the upgrade and suites is fantastic!

london
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Hi I have been to both resorts irhb in 2011 and gbp 2013 irhb wins hands down even tho the gbp is excellent! I am heading to the irhs in 7 weeks for my 50th and can't wait. Hope this helps 😊

White City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

I'm going to both the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and the Grand Bahia Principe in February . Couldn't decide between the two resorts so decided to stay for 1 week at each one.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Sheldon548 good idea!

Edited: 18 January 2014, 23:02
White City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Just returned from Jamaica a couple of days ago. Stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe frmo Feb 16 - Feb 23, and then the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach from Feb 23 - March 2. The Iberostar is the best of the two resorts for many reasons. I've posted my reviews of both resorts on Trip Advisor.

E O
PETERBOROUGH
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

Hi, I would love to read your reviews of both of these resorts but can't find them on here. Can you point me in the right direction? We are planning to go to one of these in Jan or Feb. Thanks