We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

Hi All,

Sorry for the doublepost - I just realized I didn't put this in the Rose Hall forum!

I'll be going to the Grand in just under two weeks. I've been to the Grand in Playa Paraiso, and it looks like the restaurant menus are pretty similar. My question is - do any of them have any traditional Jamaican food? If not, is there a Jamaican buffet night? If so, does anyone know what night of the week the Jamaican buffet is?

Also - has anyone used the tennis courts? Just wondering how they are.

Anyone who'd been over the last few weeks - how has the towel game been? Are we gonna have to get up before 8 to secure a spot?

Last question - any building/room recommendations? We booked ocean view, though I am hoping for a upgrade to oceanfront if they are available. :)

Thanks all!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

We just returned from the Grand on Sunday and had a fantastic time. The towel game was in full force when we arrived but they sent a note out to everyone that this was not going to be tolerated and it did help. The girls around the pool did start removing towels to free up spots. There were still plenty of chairs in the shade by the pool at 8:30 am. There is a section in the buffet of Jamaican food every night. I think I ate jerk chicken every day!! They also have a BBQ on the beach featuring jerk chicken and pork once a week. I think every room has an ocean view of some type so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't get upgraded. Hope you enjoy your stay, we certainly did!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

That's great to hear that they are doing something about the towel game! I don't need a primo spot, but I'm glad to see an all-inc actually taking some action on it. :)

Did you venture into MoBay at all during your trip? Curious as to how much a cab would be.

Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

We took the free shuttle to the Rose Hall Shoppes one day (they come every half hour), and we also did the Catamaran tour to Margaritaville. I believe its $30 for a cab into Montego bay. There is a sign just outside of the lobby with all the cab rates on it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

Oh, good to know about the shops and taxi, thank you!

Do you by any chance know what time the dinner seatings are at the restaurants? I'll be emailing them later in the week to make our reservations.

Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

The seating times I believe were 6:30, 7, 8:30 and 9

Warrensburg, MO
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

What kind of shops are at the Rose Hall Shoppes?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

Mostly high end booze, clothes, jewelery, etc.

8. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 12:52
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 12:52
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Questions

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 04:18