We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Negril or Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Beaches??

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Riu Negril or Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Beaches??

Hi

I was wondering which beach is better the Riu Negril/Riu Tropical Bay or the one in front of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? I'm planning on going with my young kids next month. I have never been to Jamaica and the pictures and reviews all contradict each other. I was also told by an agent that the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites has the nicer beach of the three. Please help.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Negril or Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Beaches??

The beaches in Negril are better than the ones in Montego Bay.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Negril or Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Beaches??

dimitri

I have stayed at all three properties over the years, of course beach and seafront conditions change over the years depending on weather conditions and storms, etc. I can say with confidence the best beach including seafront and sea floor conditions is at RIU Palace Tropical Bay NOT the RIU Club Negril (there is a big difference). I prefer everything else about the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites over any RIU if I had to only choose between these 2 chains on the island but for beach and sandy sea floor with a gradual descent into the calm clear turquoise sea RPTB wins by a long shot.

RIU Club Negril ~ this resort is not for you at all if you are a true beach & sea person, night and day difference between the beach and sea floor conditions @ RIU Club Negril and the beach and sea floor conditions @ RIU Palace Tropical Bay.

If choosing for beach only between RIU Club Negril and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites I would pick Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your time in Jamaica!

3. Re: Riu Negril or Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Beaches??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:16