We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
13 posts
Save Topic
Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

My husband and I are considering the Grand for our vacation in June. From what I understand, the three "hotels" are all in close proximity to each other. What prevents kids and other adults staying at the Suites and Beach hotels from wandering over to the Grand side? While I don't mind the occasional screaming child, I really don't want to listen to kids all day long while I'm away.

PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

MichelleA74 - the resorts are attached, but you do not hear the kids.

There is a guard that does not allow anyone on the Grand property. The resorts have 3 different color of wristbands which distinguish which resort you are staying in and the guard does not allow anyone else to come to the Grand side.

This will be our 6th trip to the Grand and we have never seen anyone come onto the Grand property that was not staying at the Grand.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

Michelle-- I feel the same as you do about kids on my romantic vacations. The Grand is great because you don't hear or see any screaming children unless you go over to the Suites. (I only go to the Suites for an odd bar crawl LOL) Kimol was right, there are guards on the beach who will turn folks walking on the beach away once they hit the Grand side.

PA
Level Contributor
841 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

LMSunFun,

Have you eaten at any of the restaurants at the Suites?

Love the bar crawl!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

Kimol--I haven't eaten at any of the a la cartes but we did try to go to every beach party lunch at the Grand, Suites, or Beach! I love the music!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
30 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

We were at the Grand from 2/23 - 3/2 and the only children we saw were when we ventured to the Suites and Beach and very few times in the area where the shops / spa / gym are located. What everyone has mentioned above is EXTREMELY accurate. Enjoy and I am sooooo jealous.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

Security is good there! We stayed at the Suites and when we tried to venture into the Grand (without kids), security stopped us. We had to arrange for a tour on another day to visit the Grand.

7. Re: Proximity of kids at the Iberostar Grand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:28