We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor dinning at IGRH

B D
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Outdoor dinning at IGRH

Is there dinning on the beach at IGRH

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

They serve a very nice lunch each day outside. Not sure if that restaurant is set up at night, always ate inside. They do usually serve a lunch and dinner on the beach once a week.

PA
Level Contributor
851 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

There is not an outside restaurant at night unless you would pay for a "dinner on the beach".

During the day, there is an outside restaurant for breakfast and lunch. It's not on the beach, but it's open air. A lot of times they have a bbq on the beach for lunch.

One night there is a Pirate party that on the beach.

Kim

B D
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

Thank you both for the replies.

Going end of April.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

The one serving breakfast and lunch, is right next to the beach. You will have a fantastic vacation, this is one of my favourite resort. The staff is amazing and the food is really good.

Have a geat vacation bdonus.

Alex

Ford City...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

Can't wait to enjoy breakfast and lunch at the open air restaurant. This really makes sense when guests are anxious to enjoy all the beach time that they can get. I'm assuming that you can wear a cover up or shorts and tee into this restaurant and that is acceptable. I hope so!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

Hi Jackay-- Yes--the dress code is dry, beach cover-ups for women, men can just wear a shirt and shorts, and sandals. It is really nice to enjoy the views and ocean breeze while dining al fresco!

Ford City...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

LMSunFun, thank you for confirming the dress code. Enjoy your trip, I see you are leaving in a few days!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

Thanks, Jackay! I can almost feel the sun on my skin and sand between my toes...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

You can now get reservations at the new trial al a carte -Jamaican. It is done at night in the buffet rest. right on the beach. Formal dress code is in effect at night. Get there early for your reservation and get front row on the ocean, very romantic and dimly lit with candle light on the table.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outdoor dinning at IGRH

Just got back and can confirm they offer breakfast, lunch and dinner (on certain nights) at Port Maria beachfront restaurant. The new Jamaican restaurant was my favorite--the jerk chicken salad with papaya viniagrette followed by the steamed snapper were so good! Reservations have to be made for all a la carte restaurants.