We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Taylor, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

My husband & I and another couple are heading to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in a few weeks. What do we need to take care of before we arrive? I've read a few things on this forum about emailing a week before your stay for certian things. Is this for room upgrades? Dinner reservations? Do you need to set up your dinner reservations for every night of your stay beforehand? What about excursions? The couple that we are going with are both celebrating their birthdays during our trip. Does anyone know if the they do anything special for birthdays?

Any tips anyone can provide are appreciated! This is our first vacation in quite some time, so I feel like a rookie!

Twin Cities
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

We always contact the Public Relations manager beforehand and request our dinner reservations and make sure to mention birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

You can request a bottle of champagne to be in their room on their special days, etc.

Here is the PR contact info: pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm

PA
Level Contributor
851 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Kate_Schro

As mnmmmark said, it is best to contact the PR manager a week before going to remind them of any celebrations you will be having while there. And it is best to request your dinner reservations b/c they do book up fast. You can always change a reservation when you get there. Also, you can recommend something you may want in your mini fridge or if you have a special room request. We always mention that we want a king bed in a non-smoking room.

I have heard that they decorate your room for birthdays. They may, not sure, even give you a cake at dinner.

Excursions can be booked when you get to the hotel.

When are you going?

Enjoy your stay.

Taylor, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Thank you both for your responses!

We are going next Sunday, April 27th, and will be there until May 3rd. We are very much looking forward to it!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Schedules usually get made up on Saturday for the following week. Once you email them they will send you back confirmation numbers when they get booked. We really liked this feature. Once there we did do some juggling one we tried them all. We then rebooked second visits to the Surf and Turf and the Japanese.

Maywood,New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Four of us are going to Iberorstar Grand in Jamaica and wanted to find out the dress codes for meals. at the buffets, breakfast and lunch can the guys wear tank tops?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Footwear, shorts and tanktop fine for all areas except the a la cartes that are reserved for evening dining. At the al a cartes, pants and sleeved shirts for men. Women seem to get away with whatever they want to wear, even in the dining rooms.

Maywood,New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Thank you.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

I think a gentleman would feel out of place in the evenings wearing a tank top at the shows or in the upscale atmosphere of the lobby bar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

Definitely reserve the restaurants about a week before. They got all our reservations correct. Quite a few people thought that the Calabash restaurant at the Suites was their favourite restaurant. Ask for the highest floor if possible.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - Questions before we go!

I emailed about making dinner reservations and they told me I can't make them until Saturday before the coming week. We are leaving Monday so I hope making them Saturday will allow me to get the ones I want, I kinda thought I would be able to make a week or so in advance.