We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a great family resort

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a great family resort

We are looking for a resort for next years Summer vacation. Early, yes I know, but we had planned on booking the Azul Sensatori in Negril this year but it was completely booked all Summer. We are still strongly considering the Azul but will be heading to Jamaica regardless so we need a good back up. Our kids will be 9 and 11 at that time. We have looked at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. It looks great except I'm not a fan of the lack of palm trees on the beach. We are beach people 100% so we need shade. We stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos last year and loved it but we are not ready to spend that much again.

What would be your recommendations?

United States
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a great family resort

"We are still strongly considering the Azul"

Be advised that the Azul has a great beach but zero trees of any type on the beach.

You might want to consider Beaches Negril or the Hilton Rose Hall for a resort at a lower price point.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a great family resort

Really? That's crazy! We have stayed at Swept Away several times and enjoy all the palms. It's not enough to push us to another resort. I love Karisma properties but it is a little disappointing.

I have looked at Beaches Negril but it isn't much cheaper than BTC. We love Jamaica but BTC offers so much more than BN we would just go back to T&C if we were going to spend that much. I'll check the Hilton. Thank you!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a great family resort

For a lower price point i would also look at the jewel runaway bay. Too cold

NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a great family resort

Would add Royalton White Sands and Oasis ast Sunset to your list to check out, too :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a great family resort

I think Too_cold’s suggestion for Jewel Runaway Bay is your best bet.

Several on this forum who loved CSA, took their families to JRB, and have also loved it !

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a great family resort

Great to know norweigan mama. We have heavily been thinking bn for our family tip next year, but after seeing Jrb from the dive boat and reading the reviews, we are now leaning towards Jrb for next year.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a great family resort

There are lots of palapas at at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We are beach people over the pool. Much easier to get chairs and we never had trouble getting a palapa for shade. We loved the resort overall.

8. Re: Looking for a great family resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 14:05
9. Re: Looking for a great family resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:17