We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

Headed to the Iberostar soon, and I am debating whether to hire private transportation from someplace like Reggae Tours or to wing it and grab a cab. The private cars are running about $30. Would a cab cost about the same?

We are scheduled to arrive at Montego Bay airport fairly early, so I am sure our rooms won't be ready. Are there places we should stop on the way to the hotel?

United States
Level Contributor
11,807 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

" Are there places we should stop on the way to the hotel?"

The trip is about 10 miles one way. I would go straight to the hotel, have lunch and chill out by the pool.

new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

Taxi to Iberostar cost $35 for the ride not per person. When you get off the plane you will be directed to the cab stand if you don't have transportation. They have a sign with the cost to all the different hotels. If you just grab a cab you don't have to try and find your driver or worry that he is going to be late.

Have a great time!

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

I had the same question a few weeks back. I'll be going in less than two weeks. I ended up booking Reggae Tours. Gregg Connell was very helpful. He set up my reservation and instructed me to go to the reggae tour desk and pay once we get our luggage. I've always preferred to book the round trip private transfer ahead of time just for peace of mind.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

Go with Reggae Tours. They are fantastic. Waiting for you on your arrival, and there at the hotel when you leave. Stress free. The only way to go.

5. Re: Taxi or pre-book transportation to hotel in RH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16