We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

We have vacationed at IBGP and IBGB and are thinking of going to Rosehall for our Decenber vacation. I was wonder about how long the beach is for walking and also what is the ocean like - rough? Calm? swimable? Snorkling? Appriciate any feedback.

Cheers

Tpal

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

tpal,

Are you thinking of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, adult only section? If so, wonderful choice. This is one of my favorite staff and resort in Montego Bay. There is a very nice beach, espicially in front of the Grand. The water is calm and lots of angel fish. Good for long walk also.

Have a great vacation

Alex

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

Thanks Alex, yes we are thinking the Grand adults only section. It sounds from your description that the beach and water is what we are looking for. Now just need to book our trip! Tom

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

Okay all booked for the IBGRH for November 23 to 30th. I've read the reviews and see that they get reviews similiar to IBGP and IBGB so I think we are in for another great experience!!! I noted in some of the reviews that the resort doesn't have the Jamaican feel - hope to at least hear the steal drums and some reggae!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,666 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

The length of the IB Grand beach is a about 700 feet; total length is about 0.4 miles (2200 feet).

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

Thank you hedodivemaster - is that just the length of IB Grand beach or does that include the other IB beaches?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,666 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

The 700 foot number is just for the Grand, the larger length is for all three beaches.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

We are starting plan our trip to Jamaica. Could you recommend where we would go to hear great steal drums and reggae?

8. Re: Beach and Ocean at IBGRH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15