We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

Level Contributor
151 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic

NY
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

How was it with day passes being sold? Was the beach safe for children or waves too big? Going in April and hoing not under new management by then....

Level Contributor
151 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

I would bring your own tube (a larger one, 52" of bigger) It's a bit of pain trying to find one. Other than that, we didn't experience any problems in regards to people buying day passes. I still wasn't thrilled by that idea, but understand the reasoning in doing it, I guess. We never encountered that in other resorts.

The beach was safe, but like others have mentioned, it wasn't very good. The waves can kick up a bit, but there are life guards on duty and they don't let you swim out very far. Just keep an eye on the water and your kids, depending on their size and ages, they should be fine.

I did see small children in the lazy river unattended (stupid), and in one instance it was potentially dangerous, because a small child decided to swim right in front of the slide exit! Freaked me out and everyone else around her too, but her parents were no where to be found!

We had a great time and the staff was awesome, but you will most likely not love the beach.

NY
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

Do they let you take your own tube down the slides?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

Is there anywhere for private dining on the beach? Is everything limited to the dining areas that are listed on the website? How was the wifi connection as well?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
151 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

I saw some people with their own tubes, but can't remember if they went down the slide with them. Hmmmm...Might be worth an email to the hotel, but finding a raft can be a problem.

Level Contributor
151 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

I didn't see private dining areas on the beach other than the beach restaurant (which is ala carte at night). But they do have Bar- B- Ques, etc at the pool near the beach. My husband ate the jerk chicken and pork EVERY SINGLE DAY from the beach restaurant and he often asked for it to go so he could join us at the buffet if that's where we wanted to eat lunch. I guess you could fix your plates and take them down to the beach if you wanted too?! The hotel staff is so accommodating that they might even set something up for you if you asked the right person (and tipped them well).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

Did you notice if they provided beach toys, like little shovels and sandcastle stuff? Also did you notice if any of the smaller kids had little rafts. I am planning on bring a small tube for my daughter she will be 20 months by then, and cant swim yet.

Thanks

Level Contributor
151 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

I don't think they provide toys, but people did bring their own.There isn't a lot of beach to play on and dig in. A lot of parents had covered floats (the kind that you put your feet through and sit in) that they used in the pool.

AZ
Level Contributor
168 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

How did you get to the Hilton from the airport? Any recommendations?

AZ
Level Contributor
168 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any questions?

How did you get to the Hilton from the airport? Any recommendations?