We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Florida
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

We're only going for 3 nights so I think we'll just hit the buffet and skip the ala cartes. Thoughts?

We usually go to RIU resorts and their buffets are usually better than the ala cartes. But, the main reason we go to the buffet is because we don't like being on a schedule.

P.S. Do they have any "jerk" items at lunch or dinner buffets?

Edited: 22 August 2014, 01:28
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Lol news chick. Iberostars buffets are really good. I enjoy them more than riu. Which iberostar r u staying at? Grand, suites or beach.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Suites. I stayed at Iberostar in Playa del Carmen...I thought the food was good...but RIU drinks are better:)

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Suites is awesome! Buffets are good, but if you like seafood book the Mediterranean once. So yummy. They have awesome drinks esp in the lobby bar. We stayed at iberostar paraiso maya in the rm. enjoyed the drinks in Jamaica iberostar more. Have a great time!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Good to know. We like to walk and see locals, etc... is there anything close? Or is it best to take a cab. We stayed at the RIU Ochos Rios and there were some local vendors near the resort...but otherwise everyone warned us to stay on property. Since it's such a short trip...we may just hang out at the pool bar:)

canada
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I'd definitely do the gourmet ( Calabash ) on the third night to experience a wonderful treat! A great appetizer of cream of asparagus soup, then ask for a thick-cut tenderloin with 2 lightly grilled lobster tails in lemon garlic butter wine sauce and a delightful desert to follow. We stayed at the Grand for 2 weeks & that was one of our best experiences in dining. A special order at the buffet was the best, followed by the Calabash & the surf-n-turf tied for second best.

Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Do they do traditional Jamaican food for breakfast and dinner like a the Riu Ochi? We have just returned from the Riu we would love to go back to Jamaica but fancy a different location. Food is the deal beaker for my Hubby.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I'm hoping for the same thing! I loved the "jerk hut" at the beach buffet at the RIU

8. Re: Buffet at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15