We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

Would like to warn all potential bookers of the delayed opening of the Hyatt AIs in Rose Hall.

I actually booked last week and payment went through on credit card (I then booked noncancellable air fare) then received an email several days later telling me that the booking would not be confirmed (??you took my money) as the hotel would not be opened in time. Opening changed from Nov 1 to 19 to 23 through the afternooon.

I was offered a completely nonuseful back one week change in the reservation.

Called in to get a refund. Bit of a pain as the agent needed supervisor approval to refund the cancellation insurance (????who cancelled?). Will post if refund not promptly reflected on credit card.

Will go to Couples.

Don't book until they are actually open. There is no notice anywhere on line (or with Real Resorts) of potential delays.

United States
Level Contributor
10,841 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

"Don't book until they are actually open."

Based on the comments on TripAdvisor about the remodeling of several Jamaican properties, one may want to wait until after a number of reviews of the remodeled hotel have been posted before booking. Check the early comments about the Royalton White Sands following its remodeling and rebranding as an example.

Charlotte, NC, USA
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

What dates were you booked for?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

I'm really glad I didn't change my November booking then! Thank you.

ottawa
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

Was booked for mid November.

Refund processed without issue.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

I have this resort booked for December 7-13 for my honeymoon. Too good of a deal! Do you think I should book a back up just in case? I wish there was someone on the ground who knew more info...

toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not, but I gather that the Zara portion of the resort will be located in the Ritz buildings (with renovations) and the Zilara will be new construction. I too am anxious for any information pertaining to the resort.

Chicago
Level Contributor
137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

Does anyone know if they are are improving the beach area in any way?? Comments and photos of the former Ritz Carlton beach were not good.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

I would love to hear if the beach was changed at all too

Montego Bay, Saint...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

There has been alot of renovation and improvement in the beach area.The Hyatt Ziva section will be ready on opening day November 23, That section was the former Ritz Carlton which was already in good condition they just did some improvements to the rooms and existing infrastructure.The more upscale adults only Zilara section is another story . It was built from scratch They are racing to finish it for November 23 however I believe there will be issues opening issues. People who were guests for opening of secrets wild orchid,St James and Royalton will understand what I mean by opening issues. The grass wont be green for sure. I would wait until January to book for Zilara side

Toronto
Level Contributor
93 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt Zilara/Zara delayed opening

What kind of 'improvements' are they making to the beach?

Do you know whether the pools will also be improved and made suitable for young children (Ziva side of course)?