We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

I'm happy to try and answer any questions you may have about the resort. And yes, we had a WONDERFUL time!

46 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Iberostar rose hall?

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Yes, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Iberostar Rose Hall...
4,711 Reviews
Jamaica
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Did you have a good time? How was the beach?Was the towel game played there? Was lobster available a lot for lunch and dinner? Is it like the Iberostar Suites in Punta Cana? Was the service good? What time did the bars open up and did they open up on time? Was shade hard to get on the beach? How was the food? Was reservations hard to make for the restaurants and was there a limit for a 7 night stay?

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Did you have a good time? I did have a very good time! It's hard not too in such a beautiful setting. There was always a lot to do or you can just relax and do nothing.

How was the beach? The beach is nice. I'm a beach person and I love swimming in the ocean. It is less rocky toward the "Grand" side of the beach. More so approaching the "Beach" side, but that's also where the man made reef is to see the pretty fish. We didn't have an issue walking into the water with no water shoes, but if you have super sensitive feet you might want them.

Was the towel game played there? There was never a problem finding a seat at the pool or beach no matter what time of day.

Was lobster available a lot for lunch and dinner? Lobster at dinner almost every night and I ate it almost every night...lol.

Is it like the Iberostar Suites in Punta Cana? I haven't been there.

Was the service good? The service is the one thing that needs help here. It seemed that the Jamaican clients were treated much better than the other guests in my opinion. We were often left waiting a long time for service. Sometimes down right ignored. The front desk was helpful, though a bit slow. Housekeeping was top notch. Star friends were super fun and friendly.

What time did the bars open up and did they open up on time? I'm not sure exactly what time they opened. I know that by 10am they were serving....Probably more like 9am if I had to guess, but I usually wasn't down that early.

Was shade hard to get on the beach? There are plenty of palapas to pick from...hardly anyone was down by the beach when we were there.

How was the food? The food at the buffet was WONDERFUL! We ate like pigs at every meal. Lots of local food to choose from too. We only ate one other night at the Japanese restaurant and that was very good as well.

Was reservations hard to make for the restaurants and was there a limit for a 7 night stay? For a 7 night stay we got 3 reservations. It was very easy. As soon as you check in they send you over to make your choices. Though we reserved 3 nights, we cancelled two of them because we were having too much fun to stop what we were doing to go eat.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Thanks. First I knew that you were limited to the number of a la carte reservations you could have.

My general impression of the Iberostar resorts is that they carry a more "international" vibe vs. a Jamaican vibe in terms of architecture, music, food, etc. International meaning it could be on any beach on any island. What was your impression of the Iberostar ambiance?

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

It did not have a Jamaican vibe as far as the architecture or the art. It was more European feeling.

They DID play mostly reggae music by the pool, so that was nice. And there was always a good assortment of local cuisine at the buffet at all meals. I really enjoyed trying all sorts of new foods!

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

Thank you so much. Thank you for all the information.

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

I would also really like to recommend my drivers that I hired while I was there. Ricarda and Ian from http://irieholidaytours.com/ . They are a lovely married couple. She is German and he is local. They quoted me $120 for all day between the hotel and Negril stopping wherever I wanted. Then It was just $25 for round trip for 3 of us to Glistening waters and they had us go out with a private boat so we didn't have to battle any crowds. $25 bucks for about 2 hours of service !! Unheard of!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

How was the weather while you were there? We are heading down Monday and this past week seems to be the same forecast as next... some days with 5-10 mm of rain - did you really end up getting that much or just showers in the afternoon?

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?

There was a tropical depression in the area when we were there. So it rained for several hours in the afternoon for the first three days. But the rest of the trip the forecast was for afternoon rain/thunderstorms and it never rained at all. So, I'd say what the locals say, ignore those forecasts and it will most likely not be a factor unless there is a bigger storm heading thru the area. As long as there is no lightning you should be able to stay in your pools or the ocean and still be happy. You'll have a great trip :)

Reply to: Just returned from Rose Hall Suites...any questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted