We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time drive from Spore to Genting. Help need in Direction

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
1st time drive from Spore to Genting. Help need in Direction

Hi,

This is my 1st time drive from Singapore to Genting with my family incl 6 years old boy.

Can anyone give me some detailed guide on direction to Genting?

Thanks alot :)

Kuala Lumpur
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time drive from Spore to Genting. Help need in Direction

Hi,

There are few ways to Genting, but I suggest the one without entering town:- to avoid traffic jam!

1st alternative: (By using North South Highway)

Once you reach Seremban; turn left to KLIA way (if you go straight it will be to KL town). Go all the way to Petaling Jaya. After PJ you will be reaching an uphill road and take the left turning to Ipoh or Rawang and north (right turn is to KL.) Then about 5KM, you will see the Sg.Buloh signboard, turn left to exit the highway. After the toll gate, keep to the right and it will lead you to Kepong town. Along the way (prepare for some traffic jam) look out for the Karak,Batu Caves and Kuantan signboard, turn left and you will be on the Middle Ring Road. From here follow the signboard to Karak highway and the entrance gate way to Genting will be seen.

2nd alternative :(By using North South Highway)

Once you reach Seremban; turn left to KLIA way (if you go straight it will be to KL town). Go all the way to Petaling Jaya. After PJ you will be reaching an uphill road and take the left turning to Ipoh or Rawang and north (right turn is to KL.)Go all the way (you'll be passing Rawang inter-change, do not turn in) until you see Bukit Beruntung exit,turn left (the sign board will mention Genting Highland). After the Bukit Beruntung toll turn right. Go all the way (about 15km) until a T-junction. Turn left to Serendah,Kuala Kubu Baru. From here after about 20km you will reach a small town-Batang Kali. Turn right at the traffic light. After about 10km, turn left and this will lead you all the way to Genting Highland.

For me the 2nd alternative is less traffic hassle and you can stop by some of the restaurants in Batang Kali to enjoy the local food.

Hope my directions will help you to the Peak. Enjoy!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time drive from Spore to Genting. Help need in Direction

The info that you need can be found in Genting's official web site. Here's the link for map and direction:

genting.com.my/en/getting_there/road_map.htm

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time drive from Spore to Genting. Help need in Direction

Thanks Kckembara for your detailed direction, will print out and follow when I drive there next month.

Thanks Amitech, will also have a look at the website.

Thanks so much for your prompt response :)

4. Re: 1st time drive from Spore to Genting. Help need in Direction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Genting Highlands