We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genting highlands

Queensland
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Genting highlands

Thinking of going next trip to the Gentings. Flying into KL from Aust. can anyone help. I like to eat/drink shop etc. I have 2 weeks so should I stay here for a few days then go somewhere else. Any suggestions.

Thanks 8lindy

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Genting highlands

This is the City of Entertainment with theme parks. Depending on yr interest, for me this is not my preferred holiday destination. Food are expensive and not as good as those i like. Shop in KL, lots of varieties.

For those coming from countries with 4 seasons, this place will not charm you. Go somewhere sunny with beaches and nature. I would suggest Sabah, Land Below the Wind.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 09:40
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Genting highlands

Genting tends to only appeal to local and regional tourists. If you are coming from a country like Australia, with many excellent theme parks, you won't find the dated theme park in Genting of much interest.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Genting highlands

I have to disagree with both the above comments. If what they say is true, then knowing how amazing and beautiful Australia is, you would not need to travel anywhere at all!!!

Genting is of course no comparison to Gold Coast, but its different, and also 1/5th the price. It is outdated, but that does not take away anything from it. Just don't expect too much... The cable car ride up/ down is the best part, and its basically an escape from the warm climate of KL. It's always pleasant up at Genting.

There are great place to stay too - try the suites at Maxims. Its a fine alternative to the Four Seasons as mentioned in post no 1.

A 1 or 2-night stay is sufficient in Genting. Lots else to do and see in Malaysia

Have a good one!

Queensland
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Genting highlands

thanks, have been to KL 5 times now & was thinking of seeing Malaysia more. Any other areas you think worth going too I would appreciate any info. As I said I love eating/drinking and seeing the areas.

8lindy.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Genting highlands

Really depends on what u want to do... I personally like Penang and langkawi, and of course genting highlands.. Good food options everywhere!

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Genting highlands

Mumbai statement contradicts itself

First you disagree cos its Different ....

But then its outdated .... dont expect too much ....

Huh! Confused lah

Edited: 10 August 2012, 17:46
Queensland
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Genting highlands

Thanks again, I've been to Penang & Lankawi & I did enjoy it very much, so would like to see some where else.

8lindy.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Genting highlands

U can try tioman island, I haven't been there but the pics looks great. Post this Q on the KL forum

And then head to genting too for a cool 2-night stay maybe

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Genting highlands

Well I have just done a day trip which lasted all 2 hrs. Sorry but its tacky dirty noisy and I couldn't wait to get out. Not the place for me.

The best bit is the scenery.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Genting highlands

R u talking about Tioman island sunshinegirl?