We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

singapore
Level Contributor
101 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

My local agent told me I can easily get a taxi from Genting to 1Utama and advised me to get the blue color type with meter.

Is it easy to catch one with meter especially? Anyone knows how is the queue there? Crowded everyday? Easy to catch what we want?? We are still thinking if we should pre booked transfer or just grab a blue color taxi on that day but with 2 young kids, it could be tough.

How much will it cost roughly?

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

It is very difficult to get the blue meter taxis in Genting, DO NOT plan your trip based upon that.

Most of the taxis you will get in Genting, will only go by a flat rate and that also depends on your bargaining skills. 1Utama is a big mall outside of KL, and frankly with so many better shopping malls available inside KL, I would not suggest a visit to 1Utama at all.

A regular taxi from genting to Kl city can cost anything between MYR 125 - 200 depending on your negotiating skllls. I would highly recommend taking the cable car down to the lower skyway station, and then just hop onto the buses which go to KL Sentral

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

There is a coach station at 1 Utama going direct to Genting. I took that before ,but cannot remember the name of the coach.

You may check it out at the bus/coach station there.

It just stop at 1 Utama.

Hope it help.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 00:28
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,381 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

The Go Genting bus does the 1Utama to Genting route.

www.gogenting.com.my/en/express/1utama.htm

singapore
Level Contributor
101 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

Thanks for the input.

With kids along, we felt its better to take a cab than bus as we have to lug our luggages as well.

We need to go 1utama is because we will be putting up at One world...

So if its difficult to get the blue cab, I will probably think of getting it pre booked with the agent here.

singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

May I know if from KLIA airport TAXI fare to Genting the RATE is how much?

6. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:35
Brunei
Level Contributor
25 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

Try downloading the Taxi Monger app... you can to see if there is any blue taxi willing to take you from genting to 1utama.

Had trouble getting taxi back to Bukit Bintang, when we went to 1Utama for the mrs appointment. Lucky, we manage to get one thru taxi monger and the price is reasonable too.

8. Re: Taxi from Genting to 1Utama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:17