We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari

West Sussex
Level Contributor
72 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Safari

Has anyone been on safari with Nemo from Turtle Bay Beach, have been birding several times with him but a little unsure if its safe to book safari will we be insured

england
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari

to be honest i would book a safari with abdul of tunda tours , he is great and you can check out the reviews on trip advisor,we have been to tbbc and safaried with abdul cant praise him high enough, will be returning on 27th sept.

kent
Level Contributor
848 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari

Hi

Im backing what ChrissieChrissie said as well...you cant go wrong with Abdul of Tunda Tours, he makes you feel so safe and we had a fantastic time. We did Masi Mara the first week and Tsavo the second week. He is a great guy. We rebooked when we came home and are soon to travel out there again and have rebooked our Safari with our friend Abdul again.

SQ7 and Hubby

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari

I definitely would not book a safari with Nemo. We went with him last year and had a very bad crash on the way to our lodge. My husband and I were very lucky that we did not get badly hurt. The driver broke his elbow and dislocated his shoulder.

We did get a new driver and vehicle however Nemo then demanded more money for the journey home as he had to refill the van and said he had to pay the park entrance fees again. He promised that he would see us on the beach and give us back the money when he got back to the office. We saw David on the beach every day before we travelled home but when we asked where Nemo was and when we were getting our money back there was always an excuse. Nemo never came near the beach until after we had left.

Fortunately we saw the driver on his way home from hospital and he will be ok however his van was wrecked and he would have to pay hospital bills and have no income for a couple of months. We had planned to give him and his family any money we got from Nemo but unfortunately that never happened.

We have since been told that had we required hospital treatment our travel insurance would not have covered us as we had not booked through a reputable travel company.

This has definitely put us booking any excursion that are not proved by an approved travel company.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari

That's a bad story Una. You were lucky, and the driver even more so poor guy. Another reason why I'd always advise people to book with companies that own their own vehicles.

Richard

5. Re: Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 07:16