We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

HI Folks

I head off in a few weeks to TBBC and was wondering if anyone out there has been recently what I was looking to find out is: Does hotel have an evening dress code (read somewhere a while ago it does...cant find it now tho) Tried few safari companies but no real answers from them just the same generated e-mails each time also is it better to change money there rather than at travel agents,p.o or one of the other places available here in the UK. I would be grateful if anyone can help me with these questions or any other advice that they may have

Thanx in Advance

P.s Any advice on innoculations just been told theyre not totally necessary for short visit to this area (2weeks)

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

There are lots of posts about changing money and all recommend you don't exchange in the hotels,either use and ATM or change your money on arrival in Kenya to get the best exchange rates.

There is a dress code for the TBBC restaurants, the following is taken from website

T-shirts, Vest, cut-off shorts and swim wear with a wrap are accepted during the day but we do not allow any of these during the night in our restaurants. Smart tailored shorts, trousers, slacks, short-sleeve shirts, polo shirts, skirts, dresses, shoes or sandals are accepted in the Blue Turtle, the main restaurant and pizza garden for dinner. Shorts are not accepted in the Blue Turtle in the evening. When wearing swimming costumes at lunch, please cover from shoulder to knee with either a wrap, long T-shirt or sundress when eating in the dining room. Please use a wrap for hygiene reasons during lunch.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Hi There

Thank you for your help re my trip to TBBH

Much Appreciated

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Just to pick on the vaccinations question, none are specifically required for Kenya but as when travelling anywhere it is a good idea to be up to date with the ones that are recommended for an adult living in the UK. These are all free on the NHS.

You will definitely need anti-malarials, To see which type is most appropriate for you in light of your medical history see your GP or Practice nurse.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Thanx for advice re innoculations knew malaria was a must ,yellow fever the one there seems to be bit of confusion over. There also huge difference in price nurse gave me for malaria tabs rang £30-£80 needless to say she recommends the £80 ones!!!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Yellow fever is a personal choice, please read the the FAQ on the right for the facts about it.

The more expensive anti-malarial is Malerone, often costs more than £3 per tablet but can be bought for £2.25 on-line. Doxycycline is much cheaper at around 15p per tablet but you have to take it for 28 days after returning rather than the 7 days for malerone

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Think everyone's pretty much covered your questions, other than the safari one. Speak to Abdul and Tunda Tours and Safaris - lots of reviews on here. He was recommended to us and he's absolutely fantastic ! We went to the Royal Mara with him from TBBC last year and are rebooked to do it all again in November. ;O)

yorks
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

hi, have a huge favour to ask, is anyone going v soon that could take a cheque to the hotel, its for our albino charity and having a nightmare getting money transferred, we need to get it there asap so Erick, one of the boys can have surgery, thankyou so much

Lisa our charity is registered and on face book-albino children/Watamu

edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Hi There head of Monday 18th I would be able to do for you if you like just get back to me if you wish me to help out

Regards Nancy

edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Thanx very much for this re safari trips

Regards Nancy

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Upcoming trip to Turtle Bay Beach Hotel

Hi Ive Emailed Tunda Tours three times now and still have no reply does anyone know of a different company to go with?

Thanks