We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather this week watamu

london, england
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
weather this week watamu

Hi all,

I am going out to Watamu on Saturday and am wondering what the weather is like at the moment. I have been sent one photo which shows a flooded road! Do I need to pack my wellies? Thanks ff

Mentioned in this post
Watamu
Watamu
Coast Province, Kenya
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,161 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather this week watamu

Hi,

We are into the Long Rains season here at the coast, but it does not usually rain all day or even every day. The showers tend to be relatively short but torrential, often in the late afternoon or overnight, and they can be very localised, it can be raining on one beach and fine on another a few miles away. Generally an hour or so after the shower ends everything is dry again, but on the dirt roads you can get massive puddles, more like ponds, which can take a day or so to dry out, presumably what you have seen the photo of.

You can track the weather in my regular weather reports from down the coast a little on the thread linked below, as you will see we have been having quite a bit of overnight rain recently but generally it's been hot and sunny during the day, we have had one or two overcast days and we had a rare cloudy, rainy day yesterday.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48498189

Edited: 02 April 2013, 06:34
london, england
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather this week watamu

Thanks for that Doff, yes I will follow your posts, very helpful.

3. Re: weather this week watamu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:16