We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south west
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a holiday to come to Kenya Mid July 2014, I yet undecided between Watamu and Diani Beach.

I will be travelling alone with 2 children aged 8 and 9, we will be doing a 3 day safari, but I want to ensure that there are enough things around for us to do and go and see for the rest of the holiday. Im keen to do a few day trips....basically we want a few days to relax around the pool and beach but also a few days to go and explore the area a little. I would really like the kids to see a Kenyan school and want them to experience the African culture as well as a great pool and fun!

Are there many places around that we can get to?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

MIDA Creek, Sokoke Forest, Butterfly Farm, Turtle Rehabilitation Centre & GEDE Ruins.

There's a very nice Croc Farm in Malindi.

Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

Hi we went to turtle bay in june the kids were kept occupied all the time at the hotel. If you want to go out you can get bikes free and visit the school the hotel sponsor or go to the orphanage. The rock pools are fun and there is a place to see the turtles. The village is worth a trip also. We are going back next year and will be doing another safari 3 day 2 night again hope this had helped you.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

Diani beach will be perfect for your stay.Day 1 be at the beach with the kids,Day 2 do a trip to Mombasa town through Likoni ferry and visit fort Jesus and other attractions within the town and day 3 can get to the locals and schools to understand there culture.If you need contact recommendations for these tour kindly confirm and will send the contacts.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,384 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

safarisplus,

Please read the forum guidelines, self promotiom and soliciting are not allowed

5. Re: Things to do around Watamu and Turtle bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:17