We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

Can someone confirm that I can transfer by longtail boat to Krabi (or Ao Nang if the ferry still departs from there) and connect to the daily ferry to Koh Lanta. This would be December 7th.

Specifics on how to do it and costs would be appreciated. Thanks.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

We are hopefully planning to visit Koh Yao in Sept., with no idea of accurate ferry times. So for us it`s all planned with a lot of hope. There are some postings of ferry times and routes but they are all different and a few years old. I havn`t found anything recent.

There might be a speedboat to Ao Nang, but longtails go to Ao Talane which is a bit more remoter. (1/2 hour by taxi to Ao Nang - songthaew to Bus station?)

If you can't connect to the Lanta ferry there is always the regular minibus service which runs to about 5 or 6 pm.

Prices are mostly guesstimates..

Yao Ferry - 100-200 thb

Taxi 2 Ao Nang - a fortune, overpriced, extortionate 400-500 thb

Songthaew - 50 thb

Minibus - 250-400 thb

I`ll see what I can find out while on (if we get to) Ko Yao.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 06:14
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

Hi Jamie,

Would appreciate a report back after you go! We are thinking of a similar transfer. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

Have you seen this chart for transfers? andaman-island-hopping.com/traffic/…phangyao

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

The time table here http://wikitravel.org/en/Ko_Yao looks reasonably accurate. There might be a slight variation in times, one of our boats left at 11.00 instead of 10.00.

The schedule I got from the island has...

07:00, 07:30( or 08:30), 09:30, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 16:00 from Yao to Thalane

15:25 from Yao to Ao Nang

13:00 (off Sunday) from Phang Nag to Yao

The taxi guys on the island were charging 100thb per person for trips 1/2 way across the island. It was all very easy in the end and the islands were quite amazing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

So which route did you do to get to Lanta?

And, did you stay an koh ya noi, and if so, where? At the moment I am thinking we will use it as a base to visit ao phang nga for kayaking and ao phang nga for climing, then down to Koh Lanta.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

We never got very far this trip..just Koh Yao

Arrived late at the airport and taxi (650 thb) down to Phuket City to stay overnight. Took a 10 thb bus for the ferry (140 thb) to Koh Yao Yai. Stayed at the south in Elixir for a few days then found a guy in a hammock to drive us up to the north of the island. 20 thb/person for the ferry across to Noi or 100thb for the whole boat. Another 100 person for the taxi up to Koh Yao Island Resort.

Back down to the north of Yai for the last week at Betterview and left via speedboat to Bang Rong (200thb). Spent our last night in Nai Yang then flew home to a Typhoon. A day later and we would have been stuck.

Those hotels were on the expensive side, but as we were wandering around the islands there were lots of cheaper sleeps that I had never heard off.

There is some climbing to be done on Noi, I noticed an outfit at Tha Khao. There were some sea canoe trips and if your heading off to Krabi, then Thalane has canoe options in the mangroves.

Yai was really just chilling and melting in the sun. Noi was a bit more active but nothing like the Phuket beaches. Very friendly people, we even got a free beer in a pub :-0 That's never happened before.

Photos are still on memory cards, I`ll upload some views for you to look forward too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

Thanks! It seems that few people travel to those spots, which is good in terms of little crowds, but not so good in terms of info gathering :)

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

Maybe it`s a place that shouldn`t be talked about. Best kept a bit of a secret.

9. Re: Transfer Options Koh Yao Noi to Koh Lanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:20