We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Yao Noi to Railay

Which Ko Yao Noi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Koh Yao Noi to Railay

Asked this in the Railay forum yesterday so sorry for reposting...

I'm going to Koh Yao Yai next week from 8th - 10th, from there I'm going to Railay Beach. My question for yourselves as you may be more experienced on the issue is;

What is the best way to get from Yao Nai to Railay beach.

In the other forum they suggested going from;

Yao Noi to Ao Thalane

or going from Yao Noi to Phuket.

Ideally I don't want to go via Phuket as the boat taking you there is at 8.30am so would have to get up extremely early to make it as I'm staying on Koh Yao Yai.

So that would leave going via Ao Thalane, does anyone know an up to date timetable of when boats leave Koh Yao Noi to head there? I've seen in an online post the times 7.30/8.30/9.30/11.

Thanks for your time guys.

Perth
Level Contributor
9 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Yao Noi to Railay

Hiya, did same trip a cuple of weeks ago. Several ferries a day. 9.30, 11.30 and 13.30 probably most convenient. Takes 20 minutes or so and costs 150 baht. From ao thalane, usually taxis waiting at end of pier . 800 baht to ao nang - 25 minutes and then long tail to railay for 200 baht.

If you go back to phuket and then to railay expect another 1 - 1.5 hours onto your journey.

Enjoy :)

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Yao Noi to Railay

There is/was one boat going to Ao Nang, around 3.30pm. Best to confirm it`s time and if it's still running while your on the island.

If that doesn't work out fall back on Hippy`s advice and go via Ao Thalane.

Edited: 01 June 2014, 19:15
Glasgow
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Yao Noi to Railay

Many thanks guys. huge relief with that answer. Can't wait to get out there.

4. Re: Koh Yao Noi to Railay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16