We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardiac Hill

Liverpool
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cardiac Hill

Hi, just found out that our hotel is on Cardiac Hill. Is it really as bad as it looks? Worried as my dad is coming with us and he has some breathing problems. Have heard that there is a gentler slope that you can walk down, does this take much longer?

Thanks.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cardiac Hill

hi whats your hotel called? is it in the old town.

bp auckland
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cardiac Hill

Hiya lulu,

we stayed at the atlantis las lomas which is situated on calle tinguaton at the top of what i believe is cardiac hill.

To get there from the strip you can either go up the steep hill which is about 100 metres.

Or stay on the seafront road and head towards the old town, this leads you up a gently curving slope whereupon you turn right and double back towards calle tinguaton, this is a detour of approx 800 metres.

As a point of reference, if i remember correctly the atlantis was nearby the isla lobos and lomo blanca apts.

Liverpool
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cardiac Hill

Sorry, meant to say, we are staying at the Jable Bermudas apartments.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cardiac Hill

hi,my son and friends are staying at this complex they go on thurs this week,jable bermudas is not on cardiac hill,its up a slight hill but quite near to the front,cardiac hill is up in the old town so you should be fine,when are you going?.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cardiac Hill

hi again put this address in google then click on street map,all the apartments show up as red balloons,scroll over them jable is above the avendia da playa www.islas.co.uk/puerto_del_carmen_bars htm

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cardiac Hill

There is no hill actually called Cardiac Hill, its just a nick-name and so strictly speaking there is no specific Cardiac Hill.

There are some hills in the Old Town (noteably Calle Reina Sofia I think ?) which are sometimes called Cardiac Hill, however, in the vast majority of cases Cardiac Hill is referred to as the initial 50 yards or so of Calle Guanapay which is the road leading from the main strip up towards Jable and Atlantis Las Lomas (and others).

It is very steep, but it’s only 50 yards long (so lulu, your dad will just have to take it easy, but there’s no prizes for doing it quickly). Also there are ways of avoiding it, either via steps opposite Atlantis Las Lomas or a parallel road (Calle Doramas) which is at the other side of Jable Apts, however there’s no getting away from the fact that you have to get up and down a hill someway or other (if you’re staying at Jable you’ll find you use Doramas more than Guanapay).

You can see the roads and the location of Jable on the map Shinnerwarickshire provided (its slightly wrong on previous post – try this www.islas.co.uk/puerto_del_carmen_map.htm )

To make it clearer you’ll have to zoom in a bit. See where it says ‘Av Las Playas’ on the main beach front road towards the bottom right, Jable is the balloon immediately above the word ‘Las’ so drag the map to the left a bit and zoom in towards there and you can then see the road names under the balloons. You should be able to see Calle Guanapay (aka Cardiac Hill) and the alternative less steep Calle Doramas.

Please also note that some apartment locations on this map are incorrect, though Jable is correctly marked .

Cheers - Ole

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cardiac Hill

cheers ole for correcting my mistake,i realised today i had put it in slightly wrong,that map is very accurate isnt it,my son stayed at club oceano last year thats just up from jable,as he can remember he said it was only a short hill down to the front,and there was a easier way round it as you have described.

8. Re: Cardiac Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen