We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning

Bucks U.K.
Level Contributor
189 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Air Conditioning

We are thinking of booking the Cinco Plazas Apartments in Puerto del Carmrn for next July and have noticed that not many hotels seem to have air conditioning, Is it needed or does it not get baking because of the breeze which the Canaries always seem to have? Any advice welcome.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning

The only time we´ve ever wished for air-conditioning is during the odd calima. Other than that you should be fine. As you mention yourself there is generally enough breeze to keep things relatively comfortable.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning

Last time we stayed at the Cinco they didn't have aircon available. You could hire a fan though from reception. Depending on where your situated within the complex you may well be glad of it in July as there was very little breeze

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning

Personally, I like to have aircon at all times of the year - we found it really handy, even in February!

C

x

Scotland
Level Contributor
474 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Conditioning

I can't speak for the Cinco Plazas, but we've sweltered in many a self-catering apartment in Lanzarote. The only place with no air-con where we weren't too hot was the Costa Luz apartments which had a nice through-breeze and never felt too hot. Although we really prefer self-catering, I find most apartments unbearable to the point where I just refuse to do it any more and look for air-con every time. If you cope better with the heat than I do, it might not be such an issue, but not being able to sleep because of the heat is just not relaxing.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Conditioning

They sell small desk fans which weigh only 800grams, light enough to pack in suitcase, on ebay.

I'm going to by two for our hols in July.

View them here cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

Glasgow
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Conditioning

We were in Lanzarote in the last week of July last year & they'd had one their Calima then!! It actually hit 50 degrees in the sun but was still high 30's in the middle of the night so if you really are worried I would book somewhere that does have air conditioning, especially if you are travelling with children.

I'm a regualar visitor to Lanzarote & love the Old Town the best, however, not too sure on many of the apartments situated there that do have Air Con. Best check it out on some of the reviews sites.

7. Re: Air Conditioning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:16