We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather at the moment

cork
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
weather at the moment

We will be going to Puerto del carmen on the 26/06/10 and was wondering what is the weather like at the moment. Is it busy there now . We are staying at parque tropical and reading the reviews on here of those apts it seems to be a good choice.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather at the moment

Weather last few days has been overcast but warm ( mid to high 20's). You get spells like this sometimes.

As to is it busy. Well it's picked up the last week or so definitely but not as busy as years gone by at this time of year...but then I guess that applies to many places all over the world!!

cork
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather at the moment

Thank you richt71 for the reply . Bringing this post up again as we arrive sunday and after reading a recent post about the weather being bad for the past few days................ was wondering what it is like at the moment. Would be a pity if we were leaving the sun at home, as we have had very good weather here in Cork at the moment.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather at the moment

Well writing this on my balcony in puerto calero it's mainly clear with the odd cloud, sunny and warm. 28c today I believe.

Again I don't think the weather has been bad..just overcast. And remember you can still burn when it's overcast as the sun is fierce here!!

Have a great time.

ps. Thought it was much busier in PDC last night.

wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather at the moment

We've just arrived home from PDC. Was cloudy in morning but warm .Around lunchtime onwards the sun was hot, so make sure you've got your spf's ready. Windy in the evenings. We all came back with lovely tans so no complaint.

Have fun guys.

cork
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather at the moment

Thanks all for your replies , great to hear weather is good ........... cases packed and ready to go .

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather at the moment

came back last sat.was very cloudy and dull for first few days but still warm it was a bit brezzy where we were but once we walked in the strip it was grand.

we found it very quite maybe it has picked up this week.

UK
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather at the moment

We came back yesterday (Thursday 24th) and it was 37 degrees C at 1pm. It was too hot if anything. It can be quite windy at night , still warm though.

It was at least 30 every day last week, days usually cloudy until 10 - 11 in the morning and then sun appears. Make sure you use plenty of sun lotion or you will burn I guarantee you.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather at the moment

Well the weather is certainly not normal for this time

of year, most mornings thick cloud that starts to break

up as the sun burns it off and then returns late

evening as it cools down....

Still warm mind and a few people walking around

burnt, guess they thought it was safe being cloudy

so take care!

Keith

Dublin Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather at the moment

Following these threads very closely as we are off to PDC in 2 weeks. Normally I pack too much clothes, this year hoping to be more organised. I hear that it gets cold in the evenings, does mean cold enough that I should bring some jackets / jumpers / jeans or is it still hot enough to go around the t-shirts and shorts.... Last year we went to Majorca and the coats and jumpers weren't used once!!.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: weather at the moment

Well yesterday the weather seemed to change! Providing

it stays as it is you will find it warm!

During the day its up to about 40c in the sun,

last night it was 24c when we where home

about 10pm.....

Drop me a pm a couple of days before come if you want

a update....

At the minute however I think the coat would stay in the case!

cheers

Keith

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen