We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

chorley
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Hi can anyone help me track down this tapas bar which my son, who is a chef and quite a foodie, came back from pdc raving about.

Apparently he found it by accident having gone along the strip, turned up a street by the side of McDonalds and it was a short walk up on the right (or may be left)! He was very impressed not only with the food but that it was full of Spanish people. We are staying near the old town early in December and hope to find it but I don't know the strip area very well. Thanks in advance

missmaden
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Hi I cant answer your question x just replying as you are from chorley and so aer we. We going in dec never been before, have you x is it a nice place have you been b4 any reccomendations. Thanx

chorley
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Hi, yes but last time was with kids and this time it's just me and hubby! It's a great place with lots of nice restaurants and bars and really reasonable if you know where to go. I prefer the old town but because the strip is more commercial it is a lot cheaper. We're going to Oceano apartments which is half way between new and old town and the advantage of self catering is that you can stock up at local supermarkets (so much cheaper than at home). We tend to make snacks and enjoy a meal out at night but it is so cheap to eat out may not bother! Hope this is some help. Any more advise just ask

missmaden
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

ah thanx thats brill x looking forward to it we normally go to greece bt need some winter sun! wat dates are you travelling x

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

The place is called Taberna Del Nino. As you walk from the old town you turn left immediately at McDonalds (about a 15 minute walk along the strip). The restaurant is about 10 metres up on the right.

I wouldn´t say it was necessarily "authentic" tapas, but its damn tasty. Also very reasonably priced, as are the main meals that they do. Shoulder of lamb is delicious. I often describe it as fine dining without the price.

chorley
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Hi, we're going from Liverpool with Ryanair Tues Dec 7 for a week and looking forward to chilling in the sun,,,,,tan for Christmas! How about you?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

LV is right, it's supposed to be a great place for tapas with plenty of choice

We meant to try it last time, but ran out of days !!!

Really easy to find about 20metres up the side street next to McD's !

Happy Holidays

Danny

chorley
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Thanks very much for that. My son raved over the lamb so I'll certainly be checking it out.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,394 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

I've eaten the lamb a few times here as well as tried various tapas on many visits. Always very good but too many tapas to choose from with about 30 hot tapas and a daily selection of cold options. Does get packed with locals in mid afternoon for lunch.

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Hi All,

We just came back week from Lanzarote and found a lovely little tapas place on the strip - new I think the people in our hotel recommended it. Don Jamon. It is next door to Goofys Burger Bar. Lovely place and lovely tapas and wine!!!

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
411 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: authentic tapas bar near to McDonalds??

Can anyone tell me where on the strip Don Jamon is if walking from the Old Town as I don't know where Goofys is but would like to give Don Jamon a try.

Is it further on than the Atlantico centre?

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen