We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Hi has anyone stayed at these apartments? I want to book for Mar for two weeks as I am in need of sunshine. The only thing is are these apartments for the older person or for the younger generation? We are in our sixties and go self catering as my husband needs special diet. Please can anyone help me. Thanx

co. kerry
Level Contributor
326 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

If this is Playa Azul on calle anzuella in PDC then we stayed there 3 years ago. Appartment was grubby and basic, staff were not very obliging, there was no hot water before 8 am and there were quite a lot of German guests who had there towels on the sunbeds quite early every morning.

On the whole this is one of the poorer complexes we have stayed in.

Cheers Jack

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

I've stayed here once before, there was a large group of us and I booked direct with them to get the best price.

They're in a good location, Calle Anzuelo isn't a steep hill, and when you get to the bottom your right on the front opposite the beach.

The apartments were very clean, basic but large with a seperate bedroom, big bathroom too. There was a snack bar open in the evening and a small bar at the front open in the evenings. The pool area is large with plenty of beds and given your travelling early in the season you should have no problem with sunbeds. There is a small supermarket in the apartment complex but I wouldn't bother as it's expensive and you have a large supermarket just down the road.

sussex
Level Contributor
134 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Stayed at this place about 10 years ago and sticks in my mind as the worst I have ever been to, then it was a 3 star now (I just had a look when I saw this post) it is a 2 now .They locked the sun beds up at night . I have stayed in Pdc since in a villa and am going again this summer. Am sure you can find better plus if looking for a chill out and good food you would be better off looking for some where in the old town rather than near the strip

Edited: 23 January 2011, 23:25
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
398 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

better trying Plaza Palmeras or Cino Plaza both of which are directly opposite. Recently stayed at Plaza Palmeras and could't fault it at all.

Quite handy to the front, has a big supermarket a few minutes away and is in a quiet location

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Hi Jack thanx for comments on Plaza Azul I will take what you said on board. Cheers Dot

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Thanx for commenting so fast on the Plaza Azul apartments I will take what you said on board many thanks.

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Many thanx for prompt reply to Plaza Azul Aparts. I will take on board what you said. Cheers.

Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Returned last week,and had a really nice time staying here.The actual apartments,althogh a little basic,had everything needed for a self catering break.Really nice pool area,plenty of beds available if you need them,only few minutes stroll to a large supermarket for supplies,and only couple more minutes to main shopping eating areas.There was a complete mixture of age groups staying,but this was in Feb.We would definately stay here again.Oh,and the price was great to.Good luck.

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

Hi Caffrey, thanx for message, I booked last week and am looking forward to it, we go on 20th March for two weeks, hope weather good. Many thanx once again. Dottilind

10. Re: Plaza Azul Apartments Puerto Del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen