We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

We are hoping to book for selfcatering with Thomsons but want an honest review for Plaza Azul. and others if poss.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Try booking with travel republic and stay at the elena appts....no hills to climb and very close to the front....some say it can be noisy at night with music from clubs opposite but we found if you stay at the back you dont hear anything...great if you have walking difficulties too as so near to all the bars etc

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

To be honest if you want to narrow it down, check which accom Thomson are offering and then see where they sit in the hotels review section that should help you narow it down.........already replied las week to your previous post on the Plaza Azul

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Hi Dottilind,

Can I recomend Matagorda there is some lovely selfcatering places up there. Its not as busy as PDC there is a small centre with the usual mix of bars & restaurants.

People complain about noise from planes landing & taking off but these people also arrive on the island by plane! To be honest you dont notice it after a day or 2, I really love to walk up to the fence by the runway & watch the planes come in right over your head & land.

But anyway I really love Matagorda to me its so relaxing & peaceful and if you want more night life PDC is only a €5 taxi ride away!

4. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 09:10
Scotland
Level Contributor
405 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Another good site for apartments that are privately owned.

ownersdirect.co.uk/canary-islands-lanzarote.…

Scotland
Level Contributor
405 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Sorry had to remove post 4 as the link had some personal info on it.

The message was I think you would be better getting a seperate flight and booking a privately owned apartment as they are usually better equipped and better value.

There are many on this site

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/

Edited: 01 February 2011, 09:15
Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Hi sorry to be a pest but sometimes I forget the messages I have had many thanx again. Dottilind

TRK
UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

I'd second BigRob and use ownersdirect.com, we always use them and there are some lovely apts on there all over PDC at much better prices than the travel companies

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

Thanx for message TRK I have now booked two weeks in Plaza Azul and have had good reports for these apartments., so we will see. Thanx again Dottilind.

Cheshire England
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best selfcatering apartment for 60s +

I would really recommend La Penita in PDC. Have been several times and loved it . They are just on the outskirts but near enough to walk everywhere. I would advise booking yourself with the apts, if you don't fancy that Direct holidays have them.