We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant next to El Sardinero

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Does anyone know the name of the restaurant next to El Sardinero which looks down onto the harbour? The decor is blue and white if I remember rightly.

Also if we got a taxi to this area above the harbour where would we tell the driver to go?

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,894 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Sorry don't know the name but will check if I pass there in the next few days.

As for where to stop in a taxi. Ask him to stop at the old town taxi rank outside the gym. Then you cross the road and take the alley on your left (next to the new tapas restaurant) that brings you out about 10 yards from the restaurant and facing el sardinero.

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Hi Richt71 - You mentioned new Tapas Restaurant - What is it called - We are going next week and wouldnt mind trying it out! Thanks

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
394 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

i think the blue and white place your thinking of is called puerto bahia restaraunt,

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,894 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

As Tttwister rightly said the restaurant is called Puerto Bahia.

Sorry no idea what the tapas restaurant is called..only opened end of last week. I'll check if I'm passing.

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Many thanks for your feedback but I think Puerto Bahia is a little further along. The place I'm thinking about is actually right next to El Sardinero. I'll be there soon so I will be heading for it in the first few days.

Edited: 22 February 2011, 11:22
UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Unless it's moved one position I must have got it wrong from my last visit as the restaurant was actually next by one to El Sardinero.

It was called Mar Caso Benito and is by far my favourite restaurant in Puerto Del Carmen. The other thing I like about it is, along with Puerto Viejo is that it's one of the few restaurants who don't hawk for customers.

When will these restaurants learn that us brits do not like being told where to eat.. I'm not a rude person but to be honest I got quite close to it at times as it does tend to grate after it happens every night.

Anyway, I will highly recommend Mar Cas Benito as the food, ambience and staff are excellent.

UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Mar Casa Benito is one of our favourites too. We have been going there for years and it is always good. Family owned place, good food and clean.

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

Totally agree with you and it was the one we headed to first and also the last. I read on here that someone once had allegedly got food poisoning there and amazed. People don't seem to realise that you can get food poisoning anywhere, even in the poshest restaurants so to slate this one on here is very unfair.

I can't fault the place.

9. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 14:04
10. Re: Restaurant next to El Sardinero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2012, 13:16