We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

LONDON
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Hi,

Thinking of booking PDC for a week mid June.

6 lads..well in 40's so maybe stretching the truth there a bit :)

Would PDC be a good resort ?

Looking for a chilled week away from work, round the pool in sun during the day...in evening like a dance / laugh / drink (or two!!) prefer bars that play more a mixture of music, 60/70/80's (music we rememeber and know the words too :)

Thanks for any answers or suggestions

Cheers

Charlie

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

I think PDC would be perfect for you.

Bar wise you've described perfectly Ruta 66 in the new town......great mix of music, all ages and open till the early hours

LONDON
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Many thanks -

One quick question, have read a few reports and PDC comes across as quite hilly, are there certain hotels to aviod as don't fancy a up hill slog after a night out ...lol

Thanks

Charlie

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Your probably better asking for accomm that ISN'T on a hill LOL !

I always stay at the La Penita Apartments, but also recommend Elena Apartments, Rocas Apts, Jable Bermudas. Check the reviews on TA and shorten your list to avoid the places on steep hills. There are plenty that are on inclines as oppose to hills.

Jable are in a good location for Ruta 66 etc. and halfway between the old and new town. Nice big apartments that sleep 3 people. and a short walk from the main beach. Good pool bar too

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Myself and some friends who are of a simiar age have just returned from a few days in PDC doing something similar to yourselves. Really enjoyed it. Plenty of bars and although far from the peak of the season some of the bars seemed fairly busy. We found O'Reillys Bar in the Centre a good bet. There is a band - The Chancers - playing and they play a wide range of music from the 60s up to date - but probably things you will have heard off! Haggle and they might do a few cheap drinks too!

After some deliberation on accommodation, we opted for La Geria. It is a little bit out but is a 4* and only 4 Euros in a taxi and ithere are no hills if you want to walk in or home with plenty of bars nearby and on the way to town.

LONDON
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Many thanks.

Seems to be a good choice resort.

Glad you had good time

Charlie

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Hi Charlie,I'm going to PDC on the 10th of June with the missus.We got the La Florida apartments,in the old town,for 600 euro for a week.This price includes 7 nights stay,flights and transfers to and from complex.They are located on a hill,but I have read a lot of reviews,mostly good,and for the price,cant go wrong really.I have been to PDC three times before,trust me,you will find what you are looking for.Check he website www.lowcostholidays.com,its where we booked

LONDON
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Cheers Sparky - hope you have a great time, must admit PDC seems ideal resort from all the reports / reviews.

Have booked La Penita for a week, flying 14th June. Anyone else in PDC same time ?

Sparky if you fancy a night out with the lads (up to you if you want the missus along as well..lol) let me know.

Charlie

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

We arrive into PDC on Sat the 11th of June staying in the center of the old town. Been to PDC loads of times over the last 10-15 years and always still have a great time. There is 5 lads going and again all in our middle 40s but after a few Tropicals we will be back in our 20s and I guess we will still end up in Ricks bar by 11pm!!!

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

We arrive into PDC on Sat the 11th of June staying in the center of the old town. Been to PDC loads of times over the last 10-15 years and always still have a great time. There is 5 lads going and again all in our middle 40s but after a few Tropicals we will be back in our 20s and I guess we will still end up in Ricks bar by 11pm!!!

Edited: 20 April 2011, 19:46
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Del Carmen - June 2011 - 40 year olds

Ha,if I went off with the lads while on hols with the missus,she would string me up....Think I'll be doing most of my eating and drinking in the old town,bit old now for crazy nights,although one or two nights in Charlie's will defo be on the cards...I'll keep my eye out for a group of Londoners(prob be some Arsenal jerseys on show...???????)

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen