We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

Hi all,

My parents are planning a week in Puerto Del Carmen within the next few weeks. Both are in their 60's and my mother has respiratory problems which limits her mobility.

Can anyone please suggest apartments that may be suitable for them? They would like to be close to shops, restaurants etc. The beach isn't very important as neither of them will be lying out sunbathing.

I have found one apartment - Costa Volcan Apartments, that suggests it's suitable for senior and disabled travellers (not that I'm calling my parents old!!!) Has anyone any experience of these?

Thanks in advance

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

I was going to suggest the Natilus apartments in Matagorda as they have won awards for their disabled acress etc, however its closed for further improvements so although I have no idea when it will reopen it certainly will not be in the next two weeks....

Keith

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

Thanks Keith for your speedy reply

Ireland
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

The Costa Volcan backs onto a busy street so may not be the quietest location for your parents. Have they been to PDC before and do you know what area they would like? When you say something suitable for disabled? Is your mother in a wheelchair or just not able to walk long distances? Sorry for the questions but just wondering if she needs an apartment/grounds that will accomodate a wheelchair or is it location thats desirable?

4. Re: Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 18:35
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

What dates are they looking at and I will find out when the Nautilus re-opens.

Keith

6. Re: Advice on apartments for mobility impaired

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 06:49
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen