We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spirits and cigs

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
spirits and cigs

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me the price of litres of spirits such as smirnoff and gin in the supermarkets? also the price of 200 cigarettes such as lambert & butler and regal. Heading to pdc and dont know why i should get them there or in duty free before i go.

Thanks for your help.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spirits and cigs

From what i can remember most spirit bottles(smirnoff,etc) was around the 10-11 euro mark.

Sorry cant remember price on the cigs as i dont smoke but think they were around the 20 euro mark or maybe a little cheaper for 200.

Im sure someone will be along to answer your question better.

Enjoy your hols.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spirits and cigs

dont know about the booze but the ciggys were 25 euro last week.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spirits and cigs

I don't remember the price of Gin but I did notice that they had plastic 1 Litre bottles of Smirnoff Vodka for €10. It was great value and the fact that it is the only spirit that they had in a plastic bottle, I thought it would be very handy if anyone needed to bring them home.

L & B's were around €25 for 200.

Level Contributor
35 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spirits and cigs

We got a litre of Smirnoff in plastic bottle for €9.95.The glass bottle was nearly €11 for 1 litre.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spirits and cigs

World of duty free was doing a special on Russian standard vodka 2 for £18. Not sure if the offer is still on but you can check on their website.

Level Contributor
61 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spirits and cigs

Buy in resort NOT duty free.Booze and cigs both much cheaper in resort,my hubbie smokes rollies tobacco in resort we were paying 1.5 euro for 40g,booze about 4euros for local brands and a bit dearer for brands but still much cheaper than UK.I paid under 4euros for a ltr bottle peach scnapps

Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spirits and cigs

Not strictly true I'm afraid about resort being cheaper. Both the airlines and has been mentioned the UK duty free shops sometimes have better prices especially with offers on like the one above.

We got 2 x 1lt Smirnoff blue label on Thomson flight in Jan and only paid £18, in PDC they were €14 each ! Same with offers on 400 packs of cigs in Luton, worked out £8 cheaper than PDC.

So check the airport duty free and the airlines first

8. Re: spirits and cigs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 05:26