We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose!

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose!

Hi all,

I've whittled accomodation down to either Riu Tequila or Catalonia Riveria Maya. Now your help .... which is better?

I'm thinking Riu as have been advised by friends it is fantastic, has 24hrs AI, optics in room (great!) and good entertainment, however is it a 15min walk from beach???? I prefer the idea of a beachfront hotel - although hubbie says it's not a biggie as he doesn't like sand anyway.

Catalonia, looks like a nicer location (is it???) and does it have 24hours AI/optics etc?

Which one is nearer to any type of nightlife.. doesn't have to be clubs, as long as a few good bars.

We are looking for somewhere relaxing during the day but also wanting to head into 5th Avenue at nights for some entertaiment and even head over to Coco Bongo's in Cancun a night or two - as hubbie hasn't been to Cancun before.

Hubbies main reason for wanting to go is for fishing, so Riviera Maya seems good for this!

Thanks all :):)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose!

Hi Lisa

Think you are on the wrong forum this one is for Puerto Del Carmen Lanzarote not Mexico!

Diane

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose!

Thanks Diane, just noticed that and reposted there, thanks :):)

3. Re: Help me choose!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen