We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charging i pods

belfast
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
charging i pods

This may seem like a silly question to some of the younger members but as a reasonably older member of the human race and a bit of a technophobe I recently took the plunge and bought a basic i pod and speakers from Tescos at Christmas and my daughter has kindly downloaded music for me onto the ipod. I would like to take this with me to PDC in the summer and my question relates to charging up the i pod. I do not have a lap top and I understand from my daughter that she has been charging it on her lap top. Is it possible to get it charged up in PDC? I will be staying at La Penita.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,897 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charging i pods

I'm not sure how you charge an ipod as I don't have one. But if it's a UK plug that connects then you'll just need a uk to spanish plug adapter. If it needs to be hooked up to a computer to charge then you may have a problem. There are many places you can use computers (for a fee) but these don't have the required USB port available due to serious risk of putting viruses on the computers. I can only think that you ask either the place you are staying if they will charge it (overnight maybe) or see if you can plug it into a fellow guests laptop.

2. Re: charging i pods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 January 2012, 22:06
doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charging i pods

£12.99 from argos plugs into mains

west london
Level Contributor
700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: charging i pods

When i went on holiday without charging my ipod,i went into the electrical store at the airport (Currys i think) and they had an adaptor on sale,although i still had to have a two pin euro plug adaptor as well

HWL

Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: charging i pods

Go on to Ebay and buy a usb wall charger socket, they cost about £4. Your usb lead plugs into it then it just goes into the wall, you will just need the usual european adapter when you go away.

Hope this helps.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: charging i pods

Saw one £7 in Asda tonight.

C

x

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charging i pods

Are the speakers a docking station? If so they will charge your ipod.

8. Re: charging i pods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2013, 10:26
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen