We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you take any food

Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Do you take any food

If you go self catering do you take any food with you, we are going SC and just cannot decide what to take. Things like dried pasta in sauce, cheese, ham,beef sandwhich stuff and the like. What do you recommend or do you just buy it all from Spar? I don't know why but everything just seems really expensive, I may be just being a true Yorkshireman though.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you take any food

The only thing we take are Earl Grey tea bags as we have`nt seen them over there(have`nt looked recently).If you get the Spanish equivalent of things they are just as good and much cheaper than looking for English brands.Trust me, I `m a Yorkshire lass through and through!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you take any food

I never take anything. Spanish brands are good. If you buy English brands you will pay a premium for them.

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you take any food

We take coffee,teabags,those small boxes of cerial & chocolate (other half has to have his cadbury fix) & thats about it as we only eat breakfast in the apartment every other day of our holiday,we buy bread,butter,milk,soft drinks & alcohol from supermarket.It is so cheap to eat out in PDC we haven,t had a bad meal the four times we have been,have a fab time we always do :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you take any food

Hi

We usually take coffee and whitener as milk tends to go off fairly quick. We bought things in the hiperdino supermarket, cereal, bread, cheese, ham etc if you stick to spanish makes you will find it much cheaper than buying english brands.

Diane

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you take any food

Peter Kay striks again!

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you take any food

Found cheese really expensive last year compared to our supermarkets but most other groceries where ok to buy as long as it was a spanish brand, will definately take a few blocks of cheese with us this year as the kids would eat it by the bucket load :-)

blackburn
Level Contributor
224 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you take any food

Take nescafe if you drink it ,very expensive here 50gram over 2 euro ,most English things are at least double or more,some chinese sauce (29 pence ) bought in b&M is here 8 x the price (2,75euro) if you have not got the weight limit and on a budget take it you wont regret it,believe me. some local stuff is ok but nowhere near as good another example heinz beans well over 2.5 euro a tin , you can get crappy branston for 1 euro .

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you take any food

john...not sure where you are shopping in lanzarote? Heinz beans in the big eurospars/hiperdino's are around 70p

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you take any food

And Branston are far nicer than Heinz. Voted Which Magazines best UK beans.

Sheffield, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you take any food

We usually take a few bits such as cereal and pasta for the kids. We were in PDC in August and found that severeal of the restaurants on the front were doing a really good breakfast for 2.50 euro so won't take as much this time, try the big mexican we found this was one of the best. As for the rest of the time we ate out as you can find plenty of places doing cheap as well as expensive meals so loads for every budget.