We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Cold Is It At Night?

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
How Cold Is It At Night?

Heading off next Wednesday and wondering what to pack. Is it cold in the evenings?

My heart belongs to...
Level Contributor
46 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

Well, depends on you and what your weather's like in the day! We were there last week and the week before, and at times it was blisteringly hot in the daytime. Hence, we acclimatised quickly and felt the temperature drop at night. Some nights we needed coats on, some nights I went out in shorts and flip flops. It just depended how much sun I'd had in the day. I'd suggest you'd only need a fleece just in case, although there were mornings where I'd gone to the shop early for milk/eggs etc, and I'd be in shorts and flip flops along with a fleece and wooly hat! Can get chilly. Can be warm! Your forecast looks good! accuweather.com/en/…

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

The minimum is usually 14-15c at night at this time of year.

blackburn
Level Contributor
224 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

Well we are here now just over 3wks and we never been out in shorts or without a sweater or fleece at night and today most people had long pants and jackets on ,no sun but plenty of cold wind .

i would recommend some warm clothing ,there is nothing worse than being cold .

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

Thanks for the replies, I will be packing some woolies then.

blackburn
Level Contributor
224 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

just a final comment ,yesterday was the worst day while we were here in over 3wks i.e no sun ,windy .

Well today complete opposite ,no clouds just sunshine.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

Heading out to Lanzarote on Sunday the 5th Feb and hoping the forecast is going to be good. Been to Gran Canaria in Jan 2009 and found it warm during the day and quite pleasant at night. Was in Tenerife Feb 2011 and the same, nice sunbathing weather and one night even reached 21 degrees at 11pm! (Well.. if the temperature gauge in the street was correct)Here's hoping to a good time in Lanz!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

We came home last night.

I didn't anticipate it being quite so cold, took all the wrong clothes, thought I would be going out at night in summery clothes and just take a cardi along, wrong ! I wore jeans and tee shirt with a jacket over, residents there told us it was the coldest January for 9 years

Take some warm clothes , I found when it clouded over during the day it turned cold with the wind, so be prepared if you set off for the day in warm sunshine.

Pat

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

Thanks for the tip yorkiegal, think I will take the fleeces if it is that cold!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

You are welcome, I hope that you won't need the fleeces and that February evenings will be warmer , at least you will be prepared.

enjoy your holiday it is a lovely island .

Pat

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Cold Is It At Night?

We came back a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was quite pleasant at night. I had on a short sleeve shirt or t-shirt every night, although my wife said I was nuts! But anything above 10c is warm for me!!!!!

No chance of frost though!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen