We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

Hi Folks,

Wondering if it's possible to rent a Wifi modem with internet access in PDC for a week - month?

We're going to a villa that doesn't offer this - but I seem to remember hearing that it was possilbe to rent modems and internet access for short period of time.

I know from the boards there are plenty of Wi-Fi hotspots in bars etc, but really like the convenience of our own access.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Brendan.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

Brendan,

I believe there are people that rent wifi dongles out. Sorry can't advise of any but others may be able to. FYI - mobile internet/phone signals are strange on the island. For instance my signal drops in my apartment (in puerto calero) but if i walk 10 yards it's fine. Same in parts of pdc.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

Update: Managed to find a company that provides this service, and the guy i spoke to will either be meeting me at the airport with the kit, or at the villa to ensure it's up and running to my satisfaction. Will let you know how I get on.

Sheffield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

We might be interested in this for future visits. Is it expensive? Would be interested to hear if it works for you. We are currently staying in Matagorda in an apartment with wifi connection, which mostly works well, but don't know if it will be available on our next visit.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

€50 for a week.... And yes it works. Just got it hooked it this morning with no issues and surfing happily. Speed isn't very fast but from reading the forums I believe that's to be expected.

I have heard, but not seek that it may be cheaper - but I wasn't able to find anywhere else on short notice!

5. Re: Hire a Modem & internet access in PDC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen