We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

star of india

west yorks
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
star of india

Anyone tried this restaurant? Its on the strip near atlantico. Was going to try poppadom restaurant tonight but might try this one instead?

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: star of india

I can certain recommend Poppadoms, have been three times now and also reviewed it. Cannot comment on the Jewel of India, although like chinese Restaurants we tend to use the same one once we find one we like. (Hong Kong in Matagorada)

If your near the San Antonio hotel at present, drop in the bookswap shop and I´ll give you a discount card for Poppadom´s as they gave me three last week!

enjoy

Keith

west yorks
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: star of india

Hi keith

Thanks for the offer but I,m not near to there at the moment. Will try poppadoms tonight.

Cheers phil

Edited: 28 February 2012, 17:24
Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: star of india

Is it the Star of India below bluebells? We used it a few weeks ago and it was pretty good. Pint of beer was just 1.80 with our food (was in the evening) and the staff were really nice. A tip ive already mentioned in my report was to order hot if you like medium spiced at home. Their scale isnt the same as ours (well not where i come from anyway). If you order medium indian food you will get mild in our experience in pdc.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: star of india

Hi Horizon,

It's Indian Aroma underneath Bluebells.The Star of India is just by Mulligan's on the strip. Not been myself but heard mixed reviews.

Was a bit confused as they seem to be advertising authentic India food with pasta and pizza. Bit odd IMO

Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: star of india

Yes, Meson Italiano (i think its called, big glass windows) are doing the same. Italian, but with a complete indian menu too. Jack of all trades, master of none? The indian food we had in there was almost tasteless. I complained at the time and got a "sorry" but didnt seem that concerned.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: star of india

Oh, and Star of India also does English Breakfast. How soon before they do a chinese buffet and a tapas menu and they´ll have the lot covered. Really doesn´t tempt me to try it.

Horizon, the connected restaurant to Meson Italiano I think is called the Star of Bengal although you can sit in either area and have either menu. The thing that would put me off above all else is the fact that the can´t spell poppadom on their advertising boards.

west yorks
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: star of india

Went to poppadoms - pretty good. Had chicken vindaloo which was nice n fiery. Raised on indian food in bradford so consider myself a good judge. Agree with earlier comment about pizzas and burgers at indian establishments - avoid them at all costs at home. Poppadoms good though - 8/10.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: star of india

star of india number one in lanzarote for indian foods. i know the indian foods so thats why i say food is excilent.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: star of india

Do you want a socket for that plug?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,160 posts