We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Benzo - Help please?

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dalgety bay
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Benzo - Help please?

Hello Peeps,

Never been to Lanzarote before and I'm really excited to have my flights booked for Spetember, just need to sort out the accomodation now.....

We are a party of 3 generations,my dear hubby and myself are young at heart 50's, my son and wife early 30y's and my gorgeous wee 2 yr old grand-daughter. We like nice restaraunts, cheap beers and cocktails and to be in walking distance of the beach.

I have spent weeks of my life trawling through the villa options and so far Casa Benzo seems to have the best facilities for the £'s and am considering booking it.

However, it is in the Los Mojones district and I am very confused by all these diferent areas...

Can anyone advise if they have stayed in this villa and what their experience was like? Also would we be better off with less facilities and a different location?

I really am bamboozled by all the districts and although a regular villa renter the different areas are very confusing.

I would really appreciate some input from all you regular Lanzarote visitors please x

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

Hi this map should help you get your bearings of PDC and nearby areas.

www.lanzarote.com/maps/puerto-del-carmen/

Starting left to right, Old Town with Los Mojones area above the Old Town area of PDC, then "The Strip" of main PDC runs right along the seafront until Los Pocillos and then onwards to Matagorda and the airport. The map shows the areas pretty well.

Los Mojones is an upmarket area of villas and quite large so distances into Old Town etc will depend where your villa is located. Some of them can be quite far out and transport/taxis might be needed.

Los Pocillos area is popular for villas and there are some really nice ones, most everything is walkable from Los Poc and the beach is on your doorstep. You could search that area too.

Hope that helps

Edited: 04 March 2012, 11:07
dalgety bay
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

Thanks Miss Chief1 for your reply. I''ve gone ahead and booked the villa as it has all the little extras we enjoy including an outside tele with the full Sky sports package for DH & my son...lol

Also looked at the thread re favourite pubs and most of them seem to be in the old town area, so all good there as the villa is advertised as being only a 5 min walk from the harbour?

Would still appreciate any feedback from anyone that has stayed in the villa or the area.

Thnaks so much for reading x

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

Your very welcome, hope you have a great holiday. Be great if you can give some feedback on the villa on your return, might help others out in the future.

Just be careful with Sky packages being advertised as there's been some major changes to satellite providers on the island and I know some of the locals who post on here (Richt) will probably explain better if he sees your post, but you might not get what's advertised by the villa owner

Edited: 06 March 2012, 18:02
St Helier, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

Hi, I have stayed in this Villa and it had everything and more that we could have wanted. We stayed at Xmas, and because of the ventillation they have, was lovely and warm. It was very well equipped and very clean. As Miss-Chief has said, it has a full sky sports package but you do not get as many channels as in the UK but you are in the Canaries and is impossible to get all the channels even though the villa owners pay the same as the UK., but, it is provided with a dvd inside and outside with load of dvd's. We had a great holiday, so go and enjoy yourself. Happ Hols.

dalgety bay
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

How long did it take you to walk to the nearest supermarket, pub or restaurant? The website says 5 mins but we are unable to locate the address on google maps.

Just wondering if we should hire a car?

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

Hi Motherno,

My family and i will be staying at this villa in july. I would be grateful for any info regarding distance to old town , strip and nearest shops.

Regards

David

walltowall1@eircom.net

7. Re: Casa Benzo - Help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 07:19