We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

markets and day trips..

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
markets and day trips..

Can anyone tell me are there markets in PDC and what days they on...

Also what are the prices for the volcano trips, and i heard something about a boat to the theme park in furtaventura any information on this?

Thanka

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: markets and day trips..

No markets in pdc I'm afraid. However there are markets in Tias, playa honda, Arrecife and the most famous one the Sunday morning market in Teguise. You can get a public bus to all these places from pdc although I strongly suggest you book via a tour operator like last minute for the Teguise market as public buses get full quick and then you'll have an hours wait for the next one!

As to the theme park. I presume you mean waterpark. If so there's ferry's from playa blanca to fuerteventra. You'll then need a taxi to the park and back. And obviously the entrance fee. I priced it before on here for someone and as a rough guide I'd allow £70-£80 a person for the trip.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
862 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: markets and day trips..

The Arrecife one was on a wednesday when we were there last month. Its huge, and quite possible its the same one thats at Teguise on a sunday. It runs along the entire seafront and around the harbour. The added bonus is you can then shop in Arrecife too which has many big stores and cafes etc. Teguise has pretty much nothing apart from the market on sunday.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: markets and day trips..

You have never been to Teguise on a non market day then! A very nice town to explore with lots of little shops and cafes that don't open on a Sunday for a start!

Keith

Edited: 21 March 2012, 07:35
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
836 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: markets and day trips..

the arrecife market is small compared to the sunday teguise market

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: markets and day trips..

Also markets in Costa Teguise on Friday evening and Playa Blanca on Wednesday and Saturday. A new market has just started in Puerto Calero, I believe Tuesdays and Fridays.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
862 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: markets and day trips..

Lol @ krhgcrr. Its entirely the fact that we went to Teguise on a day other than a sunday that im able to advise theres not much there beyond the market lol! A broken down windmill covered in graffiti, an old church which they were working at a few weeks ago when we were there, a few small cafes (true), a huge empty square where the market goes, a small childrens playground, and i suppose you could mention that crazy guys house with all the dolls in the garden you see on the way in/out. I stand by my belief that theres nothing much there APART from the market. I wouldnt go back unless it was a sunday to be honest.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: markets and day trips..

Thanks so much for the replys, could anyone just tell me more infor about the volcano trips please price and are they any good?

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: markets and day trips..

Well horizon2006 I guess you missed the best bits for whatever reason!

never mind

Keith

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: markets and day trips..

Each to their own but we and many others go back to Teguise time and again for it`s quiet charm. Presumably you do not appreciate the age and history of the "old church",that they are working on ,or ,indeed the fact that Teguise was the old capital of the island .If you are there at lunch time there are several good restaurants and tapas bars, not just a"few small cafes", there is also a museum plus some jewellers which would rival some "Boutique "jewellers over here. If you were indeed there on a market day ,I`m amazed you can compare Arrecife`s market to Teguise.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: markets and day trips..

Sorry johnfogarty, the volcano trips are well worth doing ,Last minute travel are amongst the best for prices Keith will give you a better idea as he is in resort. We usually have a car and I think it is 8 euros each which includes a coach trip once you are parked up. Also try the restaurant if you can ,either for a tapas type meal or a full blow out.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen