We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slipped up big time

Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Slipped up big time

Well after two cracking holidays in PDC I have bowed to pressure from the missus and booked to go in June to Gran Canaria at Amadores beach. I'm regretting it already. Can you believe that in a so called resort there are NO BARS!!! OMG. Why did I do it? We have a taxi ride to Puerto Rico to get to a pub, also I've heard it's not very nice. When you are walking up the strip calling into all the bars and restaurants think of me in GC with chuff all to do. Oh why did I do it?

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slipped up big time

Lol. I read the review of it and it doesnt seem THAT bad. Beach 5mins walk away, and puerto rico 15mins. Also a good Spar 5mins walk away which means you can stock up on loads of cheap beer and relax with your stash at the hotel while there. Reviews are quite good, it might just be a little more relaxing than PDC, or you will get to enjoy the walk into PR. Bound to be some bars for a cold one (or two) on the way.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slipped up big time

It is as Horizon says a little bit more relaxing and the walk to the commercial centre is a lovely one and you can get a taxi back .There are some great pubs there with great music and craic , its just a shock to the system the first night and then you will get used to it . There is a thread in the PR forum about favourite bars you might get a few tips from it :) I hope you have a ball ,

regards Deedee

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Slipped up big time

Just realised its your thread LeedsStriker :) scatty moment Lol!

Preston
Level Contributor
116 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Slipped up big time

Dont despair! Ive been to both resorts and they are both lovely! Amadores has the nicer beach and Puerto Rico is in walking distance for nights out or a short cab ride away.Yes PDC has the better night life in my opinion as there is more of it and its of a slightly better quality but hey its a great holiday in the sun in Amadores so hope you enjoy!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Slipped up big time

How’s it goin’ Striker?

I really feel for you mate. Not for the fact you’re regretting your choice. It’s Jewels telling you that you HAVE made a crap choice!

“Yes PDC has the better night life in my opinion as there is more of it and it’s of a slightly better quality.”

Good on ya Jewels….should’ve just sent the poor guy David Cameron’s autobiography, a bottle of Jack and a length of rope!

Yes

better night life

more of it

better quality

Brilliant. Ha, Ha, Ha, you don’t work for the Samaratins do you? P45’s in the post.

Don’t worry Striker, the rest of us good uns will look out for you. We’ll all do the partying for you. We’ll check out all your favourite bars. Did I mention they’re right on our doorstep? Taste the beautiful food in the MANY restaurants. Enjoy the lovely walks taking in the breathtaking views and to top it off, every single one of us will come on here and tell you all about it!

And another thing, shame on you Missus Striker. You’ve no idea what you’re doing to this broken man. He’s a mere shell, sinking into the depths of despair, a never ending fall into the cataclysmic vacuum of a shallow, pale and morbid world that has not only been stripped of life. No. This is also a place with no bars….no bars, no bars, no bars, no bars. (Think of an echo).

NO BARS! Get a grip woman. He’s a Northern lad. He needs his manly surrounding. The smell of ale, cigarette smoke and the gents urinals. He’s not from the south. He’ll have to get a taxi TO the pub when normally it’s the other way around. He must’ve really upset you for you to repay him with this. It’s not his fault he can’t multi task. And there’s nothing wrong with that. One’s good.

“I’ll have A haircut please.”

“I’ll have A starter please”.

“I think I’ll go for A walk.”

“That was A lovely walk, I think I’ll refresh myself with A nice cold beer. Wait A minute….I can’t. Why ever not?

“COS THERE AINT ANY BARS!!!.”

Hope I haven’t offended too many….REALLY slow day at work!

Jewels, I’m sure you’re a thoroughly decent person. Taking the time to reassure a stricken fellow being is an admirable act. A jolly decent thing to do.

Well done……

Ps…Nearly forgot. Jewels. Where would YOU rather go? Better whisper it so Striker doesn’t hear.

Have a nice time Striker. Remember not to drink too much!

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Slipped up big time

If you let us have the exact dates ,we will fly the White Rose flag at half mast whilst you are away. Come on ,man , pull yourself together ,if a Yorkshireman can`t find a pint i`ll eat my ferret !

Preston
Level Contributor
116 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Slipped up big time

Ok Yorkie Glasgow Ill give up my job with the Samaritans as long as you agree to give up your job as a comedian! Deal??? yawnnnn dropped off whilst reading most of it..... but ,in answer to your last query Id honestly gladly go to either resort.

Leeds striker youll have a great time Im sure!

Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Slipped up big time

I called into the pharmacists and bought some anti- depresents to end it all with by the time I'd taken 2 I felt a lot better. Bring it on, how bad can it be, at least I won't be in England.

9. Re: Slipped up big time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:17